Beta 2.6b3 hit a gate while looking the map and ejected me to the edge of space.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Panos
x4

Beta 2.6b3 hit a gate while looking the map and ejected me to the edge of space.

Post by Panos » Thu, 26. Sep 19, 14:28

I was traveling towards a gate to Grand Exchange while I was looking at the map my other ship.
Hitting the gate at full speed resulted to couple of minutes the screen looking like this but with more grey triangles looking around that what the screenshot captured.

https://i.imgur.com/zuy2pTh.jpg

And when the spinning ended, found myself there,
https://i.imgur.com/aWowjXQ.jpg

25500 km from where my location was in matter of two minute tops.

I do not use mods or anything else and is a fresh start this morning with 2.6b3

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Beta 2.6b3 hit a gate while looking the map and ejected me to the edge of space

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 26. Sep 19, 15:56

many times when I happen to have the map open and headed towards the gate I get teleported some distance from the gate into the next sector also some distance from the gate

it always happens with the map open, and never with map closed
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Beta 2.6b3 hit a gate while looking the map and ejected me to the edge of space

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Sep 19, 15:59

It's a long-shot, I know, but if you have savegames from shortly before it happened and an exact sequence of events that can be used to reproduce it, then we'd be very interested to hear about it. We have fixed a number of these issues, but it's not one single cause and we can't track down any remaining ones without a solid way to reproduce the problem. General descriptions of when it seems to happen most often for you don't, I'm afraid, help in this instance.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 26. Sep 19, 17:08

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 26. Sep 19, 15:59
It's a long-shot, I know, but if you have savegames from shortly before it happened and an exact sequence of events that can be used to reproduce it, then we'd be very interested to hear about it. We have fixed a number of these issues, but it's not one single cause and we can't track down any remaining ones without a solid way to reproduce the problem. General descriptions of when it seems to happen most often for you don't, I'm afraid, help in this instance.
I have a save the moment it happens exactly when the ship is spinning. Unfortunately the earlier save is 45 minutes ago.
How can I send it to you, if it is of some use?

I will try also to replicate the bug again when play again later on tonight.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Beta 2.6b3 hit a gate while looking the map and ejected me to the edge of space - Saves needed.

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 26. Sep 19, 17:26

Uplink the save to a reputable public fileshare site and provide a link to it here. A few examples are Google Drive, DropBox or PasteBin, etc but please don't use sites that spam advertising or require registration for subsequent downloads.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Beta 2.6b3 hit a gate while looking the map and ejected me to the edge of space - Saves needed.

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Sep 19, 18:00

A save after the event, even if it's very soon after, is unfortunately not that useful. I look forward to hearing whether you've managed to reproduce it, though. :)

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 26. Sep 19, 19:54

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 26. Sep 19, 17:26
Uplink the save to a reputable public fileshare site and provide a link to it here. A few examples are Google Drive, DropBox or PasteBin, etc but please don't use sites that spam advertising or require registration for subsequent downloads.
Here is the link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1boqhHX ... sp=sharing

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 26. Sep 19, 18:00
A save after the event, even if it's very soon after, is unfortunately not that useful. I look forward to hearing whether you've managed to reproduce it, though. :)
I understand how things work, as software developer my self, and i will try replicate it. (the above save is during the bug) Please note few things that are different from the previous times bounced on objects is that this specific ship has no shield module, as I was in the process of blowing it up for the Boron mission.

Also while I am in the middle of nowhere, there are ships on the path in dead end space (the location on the previous screenshot). Surely these ships shouldn't be here yes?
Maybe is something that affects performance of the game having ships been processed while in the middle of nowhere?

https://i.imgur.com/kj0oyXe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/goOKgos.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/O9Fc6CA.jpg

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 11:34

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 26. Sep 19, 18:00
I am sorry. Traveled back for almost 3 hours. Tried to replicate it by bouncing on the gate or the nearby asteroid but nothing :(

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Beta 2.6b3 hit a gate while looking the map and ejected me to the edge of space.

Post by CBJ » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 12:19

Not to worry. This is the same problem we have trying to reproduce it in order to fix it, which is why I keep trying to find someone who happens to have a savegame from just before it happens. :)

stanisluv
Moderator (Russian)
Moderator (Russian)
x4

Re: Beta 2.6b3 hit a gate while looking the map and ejected me to the edge of space.

Post by stanisluv » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 14:23

For me this happened with super highway when another invisible ship froze at the enter of the highway and I was able to reproduce it. So the gate could have the same issue: player`s ship just bump another ship due to moving through the gates and the game just give extra impulse to the ship when you enter in new sector. You just don`t see when you bump another ship because you looking on the map at that time.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 00:44

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 28. Sep 19, 12:19
Not to worry. This is the same problem we have trying to reproduce it in order to fix it, which is why I keep trying to find someone who happens to have a savegame from just before it happens. :)
I will keep my eyes open and try several times, also will try @stanisluv idea bouncing on ships.

Harryg

Post by Harryg » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 09:11

Panos wrote:
Tue, 1. Oct 19, 00:44
CBJ wrote:
Sat, 28. Sep 19, 12:19
I will keep my eyes open and try several times, also will try @stanisluv idea bouncing on ships.
Happened to me too, i think twice now. :evil: After pulling my hair our i came up with the idea: - I just jump to another ship, sell the ship that is off screen and build another one. :gruebel:

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 05:19

I think this does happen in 2.5(my version too has ships lost in space). Haven't tried to reproduce again but my theory is it will trigger when you are stuck in gate structure plus getting warped at the same time.
What happened to me as I was supervising on board one of my Cerberus patrol ship in Company regard at the end of highway leading to scale plate green. The angle from the highway and jump gate makes ships go straight into the gate and smashing into side structure and warped into the gate. Generally letting AI drive will disable collision to this might be the best bet to reproduce but still not gonna be easy to reproduce.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”