X4 Beta 1.6 Bug, Invisible Player Base when 1st Building

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dante Edmundo
x4

X4 Beta 1.6 Bug, Invisible Player Base when 1st Building

Post by Dante Edmundo » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 16:00

Not sure where to report this so just going to post it here. If the thread needs to be moved that's fine.

So far Beta 1.6 has been stable on my rig for days (good work Egosoft!, looking forward to the Split expansion). Ran into the Nvidia GeForce overlay bug that
crashed the App when exiting. Getting rid of the overlay fixed it (didn't want the overlay anyway).

This is a bug I call "Invisible Player Base when 1st Building"

I at first panicked when this happened, as the player base you get when 1st starting the main plot, shows up as a kind of round
UFO disc station surrounding an asteroid. But as soon as I began building my 1st dock, the entire base turned invisible. I thought
it was a graphics glitch, but as soon as the dock was built, the player base then became visible again.

I learned later when viewing "base building" tutorials on youtube that when you first put down a plot for any new base, the
area is "invisible" so I believe somehow this code is mixed in with the player base code, that makes the player base disappear
(briefly) when you build the first station module.

If this bug has been mentioned elsewhere my apologies. Again, kudos to Egosoft for making what appears to be a solid beta build (at least
for my game, so far).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X4 Beta 1.6 Bug, Invisible Player Base when 1st Building

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 17:56

Do you mean 2.60 beta 4?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”