Option to disable "Mute on focus loss?" (2.50)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

reteo
x4

Option to disable "Mute on focus loss?" (2.50)

Post by reteo » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 22:36

I am currently playing the game on a Linux system (Ubuntu Disco) from Steam.

I can understand the reason for muting the game when the focus is changed to another window, but there are times when this is not what I wish (and in my case, this is more or less always the case). Once I jump into travel mode, or if I'm letting the captain do my flying for me, I will often jump to my second desktop to open a web browser to peruse the wiki, track trade routes, or plan out my next several orders (because I suck at playing games without these things).

However, in this situation, I would need the sound more, simply to be aware when the music changes (a hostile ship is nearby). As such, I need to know: is there an option to keep sound active when the game window loses focus?

CatchupBen

Re: Option to disable "Mute on focus loss?" (2.50)

Post by CatchupBen » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 04:28

Seconded. I've found X4 is a great background game to play while working, but losing audio when I focus away from the game completely kills the intent. I feel it's worth noting that this is also problematic for streamers.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Option to disable "Mute on focus loss?" (2.50)

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 11:22

This is a very old version thread and so I suggest that any new requests are made in a new thread and in the main X4 forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”