Is there a definitive explanation for stuttering around stations?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gavrushka
x4

Is there a definitive explanation for stuttering around stations?

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 12:07

Sorry, I know this is a vague question, but I still don't appreciate what the cause is. On approach to dock, almost invariably there's a couple of micro-stutters where my framerate drops from 60 (set maximum) to low 20s, then recovers over a second or so. - The stuttering suggests the framerate is far less than the 'low 20s displayed' and often my ship can have moved a fair distance (a quarter ship length or the like) when the game recovers. - I've disabled the sound drivers on my graphics card and the only operational one is the onboard sound. I've updated every driver, and play in medium settings without much in the way of slowdown even during a mass battle, but this constant stutter (it's better than it was prior to 2.6) is a bit of a frustration. - The weak link in my system is the graphic card. (A GTX 1050ti obv. with 4gb of memory) and my processor is a I7 8700 and I've 16GB of RAM. - Thing is, I'm not seeing 100% use at any time on any CPU core, and my graphics card doesn't get anywhere near 100% GPU usage, and my system memory never goes above 50% utilisation. - I do appreciate that's an over-simplistic observation.

All I'm really asking is there anything I can do to stop these stutters, or is a case of wait for further Egosoft improvements/optimisation? The stutters happen independent of graphic settings, by the way.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”