[Bug 3.0b3] Sound system still broken for beam weapons

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Max Bain
x3ap

[Bug 3.0b3] Sound system still broken for beam weapons

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 20:25

Initial post:

When you fire a beam weapon the weapon sound does not fit the weapon effect. You have always the same charge sound and then the sound stops, even when you still fire your beam. The beam should make sound as long as you shoot your weapon. It also happens the opposite that when the beam stops the sound still appears.

New:

I wanted to change some sounds because a lot of them sound very unspectacular and wrong. So I opened the sound_library and looked for the beam sounds of the small beam weapon. The sound which is played in game is the

Code: Select all

wpn_beam_gen_startshooting.wav
file.
This has

repeat = 1
but in game it does not repeat. It only fires one time and the normal beam sound of the beam weapon which is referenced in the

weapon_gen_s_beam_01_mk1_macro 
file is

wpn_beam_gen_01
. This sound is set to

repeat = -1
wich seems wrong. But even stranger is the fact that this sound will not be played at all when you fire the beam and hold the button pressed.
I also noticed that some thruster sounds have similar problems. I dont know which exactly, but sometimes you dont hear that you are flying and sometimes you do.

Found something more:
I changed the sound for the start beam effect to the generic beam effect and set it to repeat. This worked as long as the heat of the weapon was ok. As soon as the beam duration is over (heat is still ok), the weapon stopps which is normal. But then the sound continues for a few seconds AND when the beam has reloaded and the beam starts shooting again, the sound wont appear again. Notice that I pressed the fire button all the time.

Can someone confirm that this is a bug or am I wrong?
Last edited by Max Bain on Tue, 10. Dec 19, 09:43, edited 2 times in total.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Bug 3.0b3] Sound system still broken

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 09:40

This bug is still in game Beta 3 V3. Just try playing with a S sized ship and some beam weapons.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”