2.50 - Some station i cant target and doesnt show on map but looks active and you can shoot it - Build Storage.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

2.50 - Some station i cant target and doesnt show on map but looks active and you can shoot it - Build Storage.

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 13:28

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5354537269

File save.

Check my previous tech support topics for my dxdiag etc stuff as not gona keep posting it every time. Shouldnt be hard to find.

Anyhow. I saved it while looking at said station, it has flashing lights so looks active, i cant dock at it i cant target it and it doesnt show on mini map or main map. Just wondering if this is some sorta bug. If so there is the save, go nuts devs. :D

Using latest amd drivers 19.10.1 i think it is, rest is same as usual in past dxdiag etc. Tho i doubt that would be needed for this particular ?bug?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 2.50 - Some station i cant target and doesnt show on map but looks active and you can shoot it.

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 13:54

Is it a data vault? They act exactly as you describe and look like a small station/large satellite with hubs and solar panels.

Wiki/manual on data vaults :

"Data Vaults
Occasionally the player will encounter large satellite shaped Data Vaults floating in space. These puzzles require the player to use a combination of techniques to open including damage, repair and scanning.

In order to open these, all pressure valves on the outside must be repaired (red illuminated displays). In order to to this, you have to approach the display in a space suit. At a distance of 20 meters or shorter, use the repair laser to repair the displays."
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Skeeter
x3

Re: 2.50 - Some station i cant target and doesnt show on map but looks active and you can shoot it.

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 14:13

No.

Did you load the save?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 14:20

No I haven't DL'd the save. A screen shot might have been helpful to quickly eliminate other things like station build storage too (superstructure block with lots of flashing red lights).

Maybe try going to the other side of the station in case it is across an unseen zonal boundary from your current position?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 00:26

Skeeter wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 13:28
Anyhow. I saved it while looking at said station, it has flashing lights so looks active, i cant dock at it i cant target it and it doesnt show on mini map or main map. Just wondering if this is some sorta bug. If so there is the save, go nuts devs.
It is the station Build Storage for the HOP Paranid Wharf.

I am guessing the Wharf was damaged by Xenon capital ships at some stage and as such needs to rebuild some modules. Hence it is buying materials at the Build Storage which you can dock with and sell Hull Parts to.

Tested with 2.60 B4.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”