[3.0 beta][MODS] Nvidia cards do not correctly display textures/shaders on modded ships

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

teleportationwars

[3.0 beta][MODS] Nvidia cards do not correctly display textures/shaders on modded ships

Post by teleportationwars » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 10:08

I realize this breaks the submission guidelines, but I only have so much time and the bug is not a bug with A ship mod it is a bug with ALL ship mods.

My initial impression of this was that the xr materials in x4 had been changed in some fundamental way, however the issue is also present on ships made by brummbear who creates his ships in blender.

these mods render textures/shaders correctly(for two people with RX 480) on AMD

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=409546
viewtopic.php?t=413426
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641

On nvidia they look like this:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=419948

It is worth pointing out two things,
1. the community seems to lack anyone with the technical skill to resolve this
2. if viewtopic.php?f=192&t=419948 had not been closed we could have gotten more user reports to resolve it

EDIT:
here is a video of how it effects us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oh1hZo2-vo
Last edited by teleportationwars on Mon, 18. Nov 19, 04:11, edited 1 time in total.

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [3.0 beta][MODS] Nvidia cards do not correctly display textures/shaders on modded ships

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 11:07

I support this very much.

I finally wanted to start playing the game with 3.0 after a year of waiting and now I can not use the essential mod for me.
I tried updating the newest NVidia drivers and I also deactivated some settings like anti aliasing and stuff like that - no effect so far.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [3.0 beta][MODS] Nvidia cards do not correctly display textures/shaders on modded ships

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 11:29

I think you guys just need patience as they are very busy with 3.0 now
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

teleportationwars

Post by teleportationwars » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 13:46

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 11:29
I don't think I said anything rude... and this isn't the Space DIversity thead so you probably don't mean to be rude either... You think I should not have made this bug report because Egosoft is too busy fixing bugs? I don't get it.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 14:07

This is interesting, my engine colour mods appear black in 3.0 - I just assumed it was changes to the models that have broken it. I have an nvidia card. Dont suppose theres anyone here with an amd card and my mods installed?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 14:52

teleportationwars wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 13:46
Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 11:29
I don't think I said anything rude... and this isn't the Space DIversity thead so you probably don't mean to be rude either... You think I should not have made this bug report because Egosoft is too busy fixing bugs? I don't get it.
sorry really didn't mean anything, but I had a feeling as the thread in beta was closed that modders were disappointed, and that ego is ignoring the issue just bc its a mod

sorry again, ignore my post it pointless anyway :)
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 14:55

Layman opinion here so please don't get technical at me.

Surely if the changed shader/texture/whatever handling in the game makes older modded versions misbehave on Nvidia but not on AMD, then that seems to me like something to report (in those terms) to Nvidia to see if they can identify why rather than push it to Egosoft who seem to have no issues (AMD, Nvidia or Intel) with the changes in the vanilla game. Just my opinion.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

teleportationwars

Post by teleportationwars » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 15:30

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 14:55
Layman opinion here so please don't get technical at me.

Surely if the changed shader/texture/whatever handling in the game makes older modded versions misbehave on Nvidia but not on AMD, then that seems to me like something to report (in those terms) to Nvidia to see if they can identify why rather than push it to Egosoft who seem to have no issues (AMD, Nvidia or Intel) with the changes in the vanilla game. Just my opinion.
This is not a reasonable expectation. Afaik hardware manufacturers do not support issues from nameless users. Egosoft does support modding and, to my understanding, wants ship modding to be possible.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 20:37

I can confirm that this issue is not only for ships but for any custom component texture (my custom turrets on Xenon K are pitch black), this limits modding severely!!

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Sat, 23. Nov 19, 14:32

The Taranis, when directly ported, looks normal.
However, once I export then import with XRConverter, it also gets affected.
(Of course, all other ships are affected despite being directly ported.)

The original timestamps for the Taranis is also 2016, which is far later than 2014 for everything else. (I'm guessing it got remastered after everything.)

It COULD be a file format issue.

Now, if EgoSoft would kindly give us a tool to properly convert models...

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 27. Nov 19, 11:51

Any update from Ego about this bug?
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

xavifox

Post by xavifox » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 18:10

Textures error has been fixed in Update Beta 3 (376408) ...
Now your ships are already well visible

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”