Ship turret problem - Improved in 3.00 b2.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

D3st

Ship turret problem - Improved in 3.00 b2.

Post by D3st » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 16:04

Hi people,im not quite sure its a bug or not its could be me too but i will post it anyway.Problem that i have atm is:i can't get my ship turret to attack first or attack at all unless im being attacked.Even if i set my turret to attack all,attack my target they will not.I know im in range and they should fire.When enemy attack my ship they will fire back but if enemy is not dead and dont fire at me for a while the turret will stop firing and then enemy will have to attack me again to get it working.

What i did tho,if i give the command to a pilot the turret will work fine and attack enemy even if the enemy is not attacking first.

its a bug? or im doing something wrong here?What you think?

edit 1:ive this problem so far with the behemot and odyssey

Edit 2:found out that my turret doesnt stay armed.As soon i set them armed i can see the turret going back in sleeping mode even if in the menu its say armed.

Even if i try to weapon ready in front of target and have selected attack all enemy,turret do not fire.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Ship turret problem

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 17:58

The armed/sleeping turret issue should be a choice for you in 3.00 if that helps at all. (This should also help those that don't like the frequent turret deployment/retraction sound effect.)

From the 3.00 beta 1 changelog: "Added option to arm/disarm turrets in ship interaction menu."
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

D3st

Post by D3st » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 19:21

Even before the patch i had this turret issue sir.I find L ship rather useless right now if turret do not work.Its like the ship is stuck in defense mode whatever the attack mode you pick.Turret will never fire first only when attacked.If i pick a target and lock it and be at range with my ship turret they do not fire even if my turret mode are set to attack all enemy.

D3st

Post by D3st » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 20:19

what is the solution to this sir?is this a know issue?so i can stop messing with this and try the game later again when patch fix it.I would like to know if possible.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 20:37

I honestly have no idea as I don't know what version of the game you are playing.

Also I only addressed a possible improvement to your turret ready/sleeping issue and not the turret not always firing when set to attack issue.

Perhaps what may be confusing you is that I am a player and volunteer forum moderator, and not part of the developer team.

D3st

Post by D3st » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 21:20

I was playing 2.60 and i had this bug,im now playing 3.0 and the bug is still there.Idk about the other version because ive start playing at 2.60.Had the game for a years was waiting for bug fix before i start.Ive try to get close as 500m with a behemot or odyssey to enemy and even if my turret are set armed-attack all enemy.they will wait for the enemy to fire on me before firing otherwise they dont.Ive try attack all enemy-attack fighter-attack capital-attack my target.They do not work.Its like the turret of ship are stuck on defense mode.Its same for AI ship too.Xenon are running around droppedable turret and they are not firing at them either.Its same for station turret too.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 22:00

I just did a test in my vanilla 2.60 game using an L ship (Pelican) and flew it into a group of 4 Xenon fighters that were attacking an NPC lasertower.

You are correct that initially using the 'Attack all enemies' turret command did not see the turrets deploy and fire at the red Xenon enemies in range. However, when I switched to 'Attack my target enemy' and targeted one of the Xenon, all turrets deployed and fired at it. When I then changed all turrets back to 'Attack all enemies' they continued to fire at and destroy all the Xenon, even those not specifically targeted. Note that at this stage none of the Xenon had yet fired at my ship as they were concentrating on the lasertower.

My brief and probably incomplete test may indicate that the 'Attack all enemies' will work if the turrets are ready and deployed, but may not itself cause the turrets to deploy just because an enemy is close and has not yet fired on the ship. Attack my target enemy does seem to work as expected and deploy and fire the turrets though.

D3st

Post by D3st » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 22:28

I will make a video tomorow and show ya what i mean.Its will be simple this way i think.

D3st

Post by D3st » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 13:13

Good morning sir here the link to the video i made this morning.Its clearly show that the turret are not attacking any ship. https://youtu.be/8FoMjeK_zro

The ship is a full missile fit with 7km missile.The game is in french so im sorry for this.

Edit:i just notice that the quality is not really good lol but you can still see it.Sorry for this i got the wrong recording screen seize while doing it.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 13:19

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 17:58
This should also help those that don't like the frequent turret deployment/retraction sound effect.
Or you could, I don't know, remove the infuriating noise altogether.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 14:00

No, *I* couldn't as I'm just a player. :wink:

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 14:10

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 17. Nov 19, 14:00
No, *I* couldn't as I'm just a player. :wink:
Fair enough :)

D3st

Post by D3st » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 15:01

What you think about my issue?bug or not?Ive try to reinstall the game after recording the video and its still the same unfortunatly.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 15:47

The devs will probably have a look at this issue on Monday - they get weekends off too. :wink:

D3st

Post by D3st » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 16:02

Yeah i understand its all cool they deserve it.Could you please make sure to forward it to them.I think im not the only one with this issue and im pretty sure its only because ship are stuck in defense mode ;) Have a good weeken sir and thanks you very much.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 18:09

are those all missile turrets? tracking? maybe its different for some reason with missiles and plain weapons work
or missiles need to be in active group?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 18:29

The test that I described above was with pulse turrets.

D3st

Post by D3st » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 20:20

I tested it with 4 ship so far with every kind of weapon and its all the same.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 02:39

Could you please post a save with the issue? Ideally, a save where you think your turrets ought to fire but don't would be good. I'll take a look anyway since it was mentioned that this happens with different turret types, but the video involved missile turrets and there are more variables in play with those. (Do the turrets have compatible ammo loaded? Is the target within lock-on range for the missiles?)

D3st

Post by D3st » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 04:41

Yes,with the same ship in the video when i give the ship to a pilot he start firing right after.I will make an other video with a behemot with turret and no missile tomorow.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”