Ship turret problem - Improved in 3.00 b2.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Ship turret problem

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 18:09

are those all missile turrets? tracking? maybe its different for some reason with missiles and plain weapons work
or missiles need to be in active group?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 18:29

The test that I described above was with pulse turrets.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

D3st

Post by D3st » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 20:20

I tested it with 4 ship so far with every kind of weapon and its all the same.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 02:39

Could you please post a save with the issue? Ideally, a save where you think your turrets ought to fire but don't would be good. I'll take a look anyway since it was mentioned that this happens with different turret types, but the video involved missile turrets and there are more variables in play with those. (Do the turrets have compatible ammo loaded? Is the target within lock-on range for the missiles?)

D3st

Post by D3st » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 04:41

Yes,with the same ship in the video when i give the ship to a pilot he start firing right after.I will make an other video with a behemot with turret and no missile tomorow.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 10:04

@ devs: If it helps, I *think* the main issue is that the 'attack all enemies' command with myself piloting does not seem to be causing the retracted turrets to deploy when so-far unaggressive (to me) enemy ships are in range. Once the turrets are already deployed for whatever reason, that command seems to work and engages all the targets in range.

You might be having difficulty replicating this if you are using the additional turret deployment options in 3.00 beta1.

D3st

Post by D3st » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 13:31

In my last video ive try to rearm the turret right in front of the enemy and switch attack command but unfortunatly even if the turret were going out of sleeping mode they did not fire.Got some stuff to do this morning but once iam back at home i will make a new video and more clear this time of the issue with more then one example.If we are lucky the xenon will spawn in haktivah 1 and its will be easier to show you.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 12:30

Sorry for the delay. More urgent things have come up and this has been moved back a bit. Thought I'd drop a line to let you know that I haven't forgotten.

One question: is the issue with turrets not acquiring targets when set to "Attack all enemies" only happening in the 3.0 Beta?

EDIT: And does the issue persist with a ship constructed before 3.0?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 12:55

My test above was in 2.60. In that version, the turrets needed to be deployed by some other order before 'attack all enemies' seemed to kick in effectively - but that may not be exactly what the OP is seeing in 3.00 b1 as they are having the no-fire issue with that order (unless they are first fired upon) even with the turrets manually deployed, or so it appears.

D3st

Post by D3st » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 16:48

Sorry if i did not make a new video...life stuff going on.But yeah,any ship that i use will not fire at enemy when i select:attack all-attack my target-attack fighter-attack capital-.Ive try to stand in front of enemy and desarm and rearm but its didn't work.The only time my ship will fire at the enemy is when im getting attacked or if i give my ship control to ai.Its like every ship are stuck in defense mode.Its happen with AI too,if ai dont give order to attack a ship and an enemy is passing by turret will not shoot either,that true in my case with any ai ship or space turret defense.Ai need to give order to attack enemy otherwise ship turret or space turret will not attack even if enemy is passing at 200m of the turret/defense.Ive try changing weapon as well using missile or any type of weapon 1 by 1 to see if its change something but unfortunatly not.I really think every turret/ship/ai ship/defense are all set by defense mode and even if you select an other mode turret will continue to use defense mode.Its really look like it for me.I saw xenon destroyer standing right next to a station and both of them were not fighting each other until the xenon took the station as target.

Im not sure if its started in 2.6 unfortunatly,i had my game going on but i didn't had any ship with turret by this time since i will building up.Bought all my destroyed during 3.0 tho.Hopefully its partially answer you.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 17:22

Thanks, that does help. The main difference between the Defend mode and the other turret modes is their method for finding targets and i think the problem is that they can't see these targets. This appears to be a bug in 3.0 and, if so, this should be fixed when the radar stuff is fixed.

That said, Alan's statement about this happening in 2.60 gives me pause. It might mean that there is more than once case in play.

In any case, thanks for the reports. Still busy with stuff I can't tell you about yet, but I'll get to this pretty soon.

D3st

Post by D3st » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 18:34

Thanks you sir and good luck fixing it.Have a nice day.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 21. Nov 19, 17:02

Confirmed reported issue was another symptom of the bug that prevented ships from seeing things. This has been fixed along with the cause of the bug.

To be clear, issue was investigated with 3.0 beta 1, and should be fixed with 3.0 beta 2.

Thanks for the report.

D3st

Re: Ship turret problem - Fix in 3.00 b2.

Post by D3st » Thu, 21. Nov 19, 19:14

Thanks you very much sir its was quick!I will let you know if something go wrong with turret in beta 2.I will try it once im back at home.

D3st

Re: Ship turret problem - Fix in 3.00 b2.

Post by D3st » Thu, 21. Nov 19, 23:19

Well ive try it and there some good news and one bad tho.The good news is now our turret is no longer in sleep mode and they are tracking the enemy!We can see them moving.On the other hand when i selected attack all or attack my target,the turret were following the target without shooting at it.Ive try to desarm and rearm the target or switch turret mode and its didn't work.Its was with a ship with missile only fit.I will try energy turret with my other destroy to see if its doing this as well.Ive notice tho that Ai now use his turret as soon as they see enemy wich is a great new.!

D3st

Re: Ship turret problem - Improved in 3.00 b2.

Post by D3st » Fri, 22. Nov 19, 11:23

Here an other video of what im talking about with my missile ship.Im sorry for the quality its was recorded in 4k but for some reason youtube downgrade it too 360p. https://youtu.be/v0eTFvWj5aI

edit:If you wait a couple of hours before watching it,its will be in 4k.

D3st

Post by D3st » Fri, 22. Nov 19, 12:05

Good new!the energy turret is perfectly working with the order you give them wich is amazing.So i think its only affecting missile laucher :) .

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 22. Nov 19, 13:06

As I mentioned earlier, there are a few more variables in play with missile turrets. I'd really have to take a look at a save to continue investigating this. A save where a turret doesn't fire when you think it should would be most useful in this case.

D3st

Post by D3st » Fri, 22. Nov 19, 16:18

When im back home i will opeload my lastest save into drops box and send you a personal message with the link.This morning i also found an other bug i think where cargo drone go out and doesn't come back and dock the to the ship leaving them following player ship in space.I will park both of my destroyer near a xenon gate so you don't have to wait for them to travel there to save you time.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 22. Nov 19, 16:33

Thanks

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”