(V 2.6) I can't change my graphic card.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gameshero

(V 2.6) I can't change my graphic card.

Post by gameshero » Sat, 23. Nov 19, 04:52

I tried all the Internet Solutions one by one and I didn't get a changed result. I have an AMD graphics card and no matter what I do, I see my on-board Intel graphics card in the game. When I shut down Intel from Device Manager, this time it appears as Windows basic graphic driver. Can help me for this topic?

EDIT:
1- Yes, my all drivers are updated.
2- Yes, i tried -gpu:x also <gpu:0> command as well.

System spec:
GPU:ASUS RADEON™ DUAL RX 5700 GAMING EVO OC 8GB GDDR6 256Bit DX12 AMD
Ram: 16GB
Processor: Intel Core i9 9940X Socket 2066 4.4 GHz 19.25 MB cache 14nm processor

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: (V 2.6) I can't change my graphic card.

Post by CBJ » Sat, 23. Nov 19, 18:26

Without the DXDiag and vulkaninfo files, as requested at the top of the forum, we have very little chance of being able to offer relevant advice. Please provide both, then we can see whether we can help you.

Skeeter
x3

Re: (V 2.6) I can't change my graphic card.

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 03:30

Just go to bios and turn off internal/onboard gpu/graphics and then games just use the gfx card.

Tho im surprised you cant pick which to use in the ingame gfx options as some people like you can choose their gpu or onboard gpu in there.

Also you can try this from google:

Can you turn off integrated graphics?
START > Control Panel > On the upper right hand corner, select "View by large icons" > choose Device manager > Display Adapters. Right click on the listed display (common is the intel integrated graphics accelerator) and select DISABLE. Do not select uninstall as this may cause further problems
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”