2.6 tab afterburner into another ship then weapons and shields didnt work - Resolved in set-up, WAI.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

2.6 tab afterburner into another ship then weapons and shields didnt work - Resolved in set-up, WAI.

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 24. Nov 19, 20:51

Loaded a save, messed about by flying with tab held down into a mining paranid ship and somehow lost my shields but came back eventually like about 40 seconds later the recharge started working again. But the weapons didnt work, found out the weapons config loadout screen where the dots are, in slot 1 which were white dots in so should work but didnt so clicked on slot 2 loadout and they worked so slot 1 group the 2 dots dont work now. Not sure why that is. But anyhow.

I should say i checked if they were destroyed but they wernt, i dont even think in x4 they do get destroyed like past games, not played it enough cos of not much to do as a adventurer.

no mods

dxdiag etc in past support topics i made so if a dev needs it they can look there im not posting it in every thread i make.

Latest amd gpu drivers.

Oh and the game start the 2nd of 3 i just tried a new game to test and i noticed that the planet behind the nearby station the blue planet/gas giant thing renders incorrectly so a dev might wana sort that out too as i saw flickering black thin lines on it horizontal ones mostly.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Rastuasi
x4

Re: 2.6 tab afterburner into another ship then weapons and shields didnt work

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 25. Nov 19, 00:47

Please follow instructions in sticky. To look at any bugs, devs need a dxdiag and a save uploaded with reproducible steps. Everything stated so far usually attributes to not meeting minimal specs.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 25. Nov 19, 01:54

I exceed specs and specs wouldnt be the cause of such a bug, its a bug trust me, nothing to do with my hardware. As stated if they want my dxdiag info etc they can check another of my threads in here im not reposting it all the time.

To repo it just fly bang into a medium class ship with a s ship using tab to burst into it. Then try and fire and also check if shields recharge or dont for awhile. Tho i thought the description would have made steps obvious in OP in the first place.
[ external image ]

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 25. Nov 19, 02:06

Nvm about weapons, somehow i dunno how as im sure i didnt but the active weapon group must have changed to 2 after a crashed into that ship, was playing in the dark so maybe possible i hit 2 at the time. Loaded the save up took group 2 dots off so just group 1 had em, still nothing but pressing 1 then they worked so.. The planet thing tho, yeah that still would need to be looked at, playing in high preset btw on vega 56 so yeah not my issue i think. Only planet i think ive seen render like that, repo steps easy, start x4 2.60 play the 2nd start head towards nearby wharf i think it is look at the planet behind and notice it not rendering correctly using high preset gfx option.
[ external image ]

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”