Behemoth only stores 4 ships

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cool_lad

Behemoth only stores 4 ships

Post by cool_lad » Tue, 26. Nov 19, 18:27

The Behemoth destroyer only ever seems to carry 4 S ships in storage, in spite of having a listed capacity of 40 S ships.

So far, I've tried:-
1. Telling the wing leaders of the S ship wings to dock
2. Making all the S ships subordinates of the Destroyer and telling them to dock individually
3. Using the "recall subordinates" command, while having the S ships as subordinate wings and as direct subordinates.

So, how exactly do I get the actual ships to dock with the Destroyer?

This seems to be a pretty significant bug, since it basically prevents the ship from using its S ship storage capacity in any way.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Behemoth only stores 4 ships

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 26. Nov 19, 19:04

Is it the same with you OOS to it? Sometimes ships sequentially docking and undocking because of residual or duplicated orders can effectively block the docks and transfers to internal storage if you are IS. Sometimes you being OOS sees it all clear more quickly.

Also subordinates can be affected by the detected presence of even transient hostiles depending upon their default orders and stance.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

cool_lad

Post by cool_lad » Tue, 26. Nov 19, 19:41

Yeah, I tried teleporting to another sector and then back after a while. Had no effect and the ship only stored 4 and 4 on the docking pad.

Also moved the ship around, so I'm sure that it wasn't nearby hostiles.

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Wed, 27. Nov 19, 04:26

This may be a typo rather than a bug, the ship is a Destroyer, not a Carrier. Personally I NEVER assign S ships to a Destroyer as having them on the pads frustrates the use of Drones which use the pads to launch and land.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

cool_lad

Post by cool_lad » Wed, 27. Nov 19, 09:33

Lander1979 wrote:
Wed, 27. Nov 19, 04:26
This may be a typo rather than a bug, the ship is a Destroyer, not a Carrier. Personally I NEVER assign S ships to a Destroyer as having them on the pads frustrates the use of Drones which use the pads to launch and land.
Drone capacity is different, and listed separately. Drones should ideally have their own launch tubes, but regardless of that, the actual rate of launch and recovery seems to be fast enough to handle both drones and S ships.

Storage space doesn't seem to be a typo, since it's been checked and is consistent across the ship builder, game files and encyclopedia. Not to mention that this storage is standard for Destroyers, with Oddeyseus having even more space and being able to store up to 2 M class ships alongside the 40 S class ships inside it.

Dimensions actually check out when using IRL analogues; most S ships are slightly larger than modern fighter craft, and a Nimitz class carrier (which is signifiantly smaller than the Behemoth) can store about 90 of those. Not much of a stretch to fit 40 in a much larger ship.

Considering the fact that repair lasers and drones exist in universe, and the crew size of the L and M ships, not to mention the prominence of docking bays on them; I think that Frigates and Deatroyers should repair their stored ships. It would make Frigates and Destroyers good flotilla leaders by allowing them to keep their S ships in combat longer and transport them as a group (which also makes it easier to keep fleets together while travelling).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”