TrackIR V - Set-up suggestion made.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dragonspride1995

TrackIR V - Set-up suggestion made.

Post by dragonspride1995 » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 02:30

Attempted on both Version 3.00 Beta, And Stable Branch English
Program is unmodified on fresh install, without previous instillation
Game Start Attempted was The Young Gun, however I do not believe this is relevant.

On first instillation I'm attempting to set up my controllers. Both My joystick, and rudder petals are detected, however my Track IR V is not detected. After extensive research I've found a few comments on TrackIR compatibility a year ago and I was looking for an update. I should note that I did see a Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5lRW0LbW64&t=191s of headtracking using TrackIR and followed instructions listed by the youtuber without success. I expect that TrackIR is not yet implemented into X4 Foundations, but was looking for a updated answer then the year old comments I've found. Thankyou.

spookywatcher

Re: TrackIR V

Post by spookywatcher » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 17:07

I bought TrackIr V just for this game. Took me a long time to figure out the simple fix. Do the following:

#1) Open Track IR V and then click in the upper left corner and update game list.

#2) Restart Track IR V and then make sure X4 foundations is listed in the games list.

#3) Open X4 Foundations nothing else is needed. No need to set up Track IR within the game. It'll just work.

This worked for me. Hope it helps

SpookyWatcher

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”