Bugged Behemoth

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cernac

Bugged Behemoth

Post by cernac » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 17:52

I capped this Behemoth along with 3-4 more from the SCA. I re-equipped it to what I wanted just fine. I used it to repel attackers in a system while I took control of the system by building defense stations.
It became damaged in the fights and lost all its repair drones. Now when I send it to a get repaired at a capital ship repair station I can not change or add anything. I can dock and even get to the change/repair screen but I cant change anything. I also noticed the main weapons icons are now orange. It also has hull damage so it does need repair. Any ideas on whats up?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Bugged Behemoth

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 18:12

Try a save, quit, start, reload cycle to see if that helps. Maybe even try a different Captain.

Does it have a working and unblocked dock so that it can receive equipments, drones, resources and crew? Perhaps it needs service crew to fix it up a bit first? I very vaguely recall somewhere saying that damaged equipment may not be able to be exchanged until repaired, but that could be rubbish. All just guesses.

You might have to provide a link to a vanilla save if this has to be checked out further.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

cernac

Post by cernac » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 18:20

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 8. Dec 19, 18:12
Try a save, quit, start, reload cycle to see if that helps.

Does it have a working and unblocked dock so that it can receive equipments, drones, resources and crew? Perhaps it needs service crew to fix it up a bit first? I very vaguely recall somewhere saying that damaged equipment may not be able to be exchanged until repaired, but that could be rubbish. All just guesses.

You might have to provide a link to a vanilla save if this has to be checked out further.
Yes, it actually started last night so I saved the game. its the same after a restart this morning. I also just tried docking and fixing another Behemoth and it allows the changes to be setup. I'll see what happens when that ship actually docks. Must have glitched out the ship somehow, and now its a part of the save :evil: :evil:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 18:37

I added something to my post a bit late for your reply: "Maybe even try a different Captain."

cernac

Post by cernac » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 18:47

cernac wrote:
Sun, 8. Dec 19, 18:20
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 8. Dec 19, 18:12
Try a save, quit, start, reload cycle to see if that helps.

Yes, it actually started last night so I saved the game. its the same after a restart this morning. I also just tried docking and fixing another Behemoth and it allows the changes to be setup. I'll see what happens when that ship actually docks. Must have glitched out the ship somehow, and now its a part of the save :evil: :evil:
The ship yard allowed the second Behemoth to change/add and repair... Weird

cernac

Post by cernac » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 18:50

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 8. Dec 19, 18:37
I added something to my post a bit late for your reply: "Maybe even try a different Captain."
Just tried that and same thing, not able to change anything fitted to the ship or repair it via a shipyard.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 20:30

Link a vanilla save and the devs may be able to check out why that ship is different. Make sure you give a good ID and location for which ship is the rogue as if they do look, they won't have much time to do it.

Since you posted here, I assume this is in the 2.60 HF2 release version?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”