[2.6] My ships always asking me if they can take off when I am on same station

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

[2.6] My ships always asking me if they can take off when I am on same station

Post by Browser_ice » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 03:21

Hi, I understand the process of an owned ship asking me to tell it its ok to proceed with its order when docked at a station where I am walking on it. I find this normal when I have just got out of it very recently.

But, I noticed that if I stay on that same station and just order my ships around, every time one of my ships lands on that station, it always tells me it needs me to tell it to proceed with the current order. Quite frankly its annoying.

If it just landed on that station and I wasn't in it when it landed, I see no point of always asking me this if it has orders in its queue.

Can this be fixed in one of the next patchs/updates?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [2.6] My ships always asking me if they can take off when I am on same station

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 11:18

Just for completeness in describing the issue, does this happen when you have one or more other ships with pilots of yours available at the station (ie: not in internal storage) so that the ship leaving the dock doesn't also appear to be leaving you stranded at the station? (Possibly even at individual dock module level rather than just at station level?)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Duncaroos
x4

Re: [2.6] My ships always asking me if they can take off when I am on same station

Post by Duncaroos » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 04:01

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 15. Jan 20, 11:18
Just for completeness in describing the issue, does this happen when you have one or more other ships with pilots of yours available at the station (ie: not in internal storage) so that the ship leaving the dock doesn't also appear to be leaving you stranded at the station? (Possibly even at individual dock module level rather than just at station level?)
I can help with this. Let's say I'm on a station buying blueprints, and no ships are presently docked. My Autotrader has a trade order to complete there, but rather than lifting off after, it prompts to wait until you give a signal, even though it was just a coincidence you were at the station at the same time your organization's ship landed while doing their tasks.

I would say that ships that have default behaviour orders do not need to wait for a signal to proceed while you're on the station. If you manually said "dock and wait", then they should wait until the player sends a signal
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 00:51

WHen this happens, no ship of mine are already on the station.

A ship of mine comes docking on the station to do business but before leaving always asks me to tell it when it can proceed with the order.

So having a ship doing autotrading in the same sector could cause this often if I am staying on that station for a while. As station, I believe it can also be a station of mine (don't recall exactly if this happened but I think it did).
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 11:24

" .. and no ships are presently docked" plus "WHen this happens, no ship of mine are already on the station." So the Captain of the visiting ship might think he is stranding you there if he leaves. He is being kind and considerate by asking first. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”