[2.6] Owned ship collecting boxes = nothing in my inventory? - WAI, explained.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

[2.6] Owned ship collecting boxes = nothing in my inventory? - WAI, explained.

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 00:56

Hi, not sure if this a bug because I haven't allowed my ships to pick up boxes in a long time.

Symptoms:
- one of my owned ship contacts me telling me it found something
- I press the key to popup the communication choice menu
- menu has at least choices Collect and Ignore
- if I chose Collect and check my inventory in a few minutes, there is nothing (my inventory was empty from the start)
- while this happens, I am not inside that owned ship, I am standing on a station

I do not recall if I have to be inside that ship or inside any ship at all to see the collected items in my personnal inventory.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [2.6] Owned ship collecting boxes = nothing in my inventory?

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 06:42

Browser_ice wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 00:56
- if I chose Collect and check my inventory in a few minutes, there is nothing (my inventory was empty from the start)
As expected. It would be a bug if the contents of the box magically teleported into your inventory. Even though one can research teleportation technology at the player's Headquarter...

The items should be placed in the inventory of the ship's captain. One can talk to them (possibly needs to be face to face) and ask that they hand their inventory over to the player. One can also instruct them to deposit the inventory items at the Player Headquarters. Deposited inventory items can be collected by interacting with the vacuum tube to the side of the science laboratory room that has the Boron tank with the Boron scientist inside aboard the Player's Headquarters. One should also be able to instruct the captain to drop items in space, allowing them to be collected by a player controlled ship.

There is a player property tab just for ships which have a captain holding inventory items. This is useful if you forget which ship picked up a locked box or when multiple ships are salvaging ship debris.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”