Minefields causing strong FPS drop

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lyam Telos
x4

Minefields causing strong FPS drop

Post by Lyam Telos » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 20:46

Hi !

First, here is my config:
  • GTX 1080 Ti
  • i7 8700k 4.7Ghz OC
  • 16 Gb RAM
  • 1080p resolution (well, technically, it's 1050p since my monitor is quite old)
Here are the mandatory info requested:
  • Version: 3.0 as released on steam with Split DLC
  • Lang: English
  • Game Start: Accomplished Scientist
  • Nature of problem: Minefield causing big fps loss (25 to 50%). Noticed with 30 mines minefield. Fps comes back progressively as we destroy mines.
  • No noticeable changes made
  • No mods in use
  • dxdiag is on this pastebin
I noticed that when I have a mine destruction mission and I go to the spot where they are scattered, I have a fps loss of 25 to 50%. It seems really clear that it comes from the mines since I had solid 60 fps during all the trip to the minefield. As I come closer to the mines (3 km or less), I'm starting to see the fps loss to a minimum of 31 and a maximum of 47 for 30 mines objective. As I destroy the mines, the fps start to improve until coming back to the praised 60 fps.

I made a reddit post here about it and it seems that I'm not the only one.

I tried to change my settings to the minimum without any results (meaning the FPS was precisely the same by going from Ultra to Low settings). I do not use mods. The game was installed on my Hard Drive disk but I put the game on my SSD for tests purposes.

If needed, I can record a video. I didn't find another minefield since I put the game on SSD so I can't say if the bug still occurs.The bug was noticable with 30 mines and I can't remember how much mines I destroyed before it came back to 60 fps. It should strongly depend on the kind of CPU one is using.

I'm at your disposal for any question or tests. If you want me to fill a form, hit me!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”