[bug] s/m ship no longer hovers with L XL or Wrecks which is causing other issues.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordmuck
x4

[bug] s/m ship no longer hovers with L XL or Wrecks which is causing other issues.

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 21:23

Hey,

Ill try here as this issue keeps being swept away under the rug.

Our ships used to hover with ships large / xl / wrecks while the player or NPC pilot was at the wheel and continues after the player has left the wheel/seat. This no longer happens and its causing a number of other issues.

Firstly this has negated any use of bombs, previously we could hover with a L construct, do a bit of sneaky spacesuit fun and attach bombs to turrets, thrusters etc disabling a L ship. Now we cant as when we leave the cockpit our magic of magneticness stops working.

I have been begging since 1.60 about this issue and nothing, not even a "F'no we don't want that feature anymore" <-- if you really don't want id accept that and move on, but the silence around this issue is too much.
Secondly, with wrecks, our ship s/m used to hover with it keeping its distance away from the hull of the wreck following its movement. This no longer works and due to this we need to park 1km away as our ship will glitch into the hull of the wreck, we then use our spacesuit in that god awful speed of 8, navigate the wreck as its continuously rotating so by the time we get to it, the entrance to the loot is on the other side.

When leaving the wreck in our standard spacesuit due to the wrecks "magnetism" , we are unable to move past a certain point and cannot get back to our ship. Please dont say use the teleporter, as I have not started the PHQ quest and that should not be "the fix" .

Can you now see why we need this issue fixed? Could you please fix this bug to allow our ships to hover with a L / Xl / wreck / station etc as it was before ??

In short, player at the wheel the s/m hovers with a L / xl / station / wreck. Player leaves the seat the s/m ship stops hovering with l/xl/station/wreck even if an npc takes over the wheel
Last edited by lordmuck on Thu, 2. Apr 20, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [bug] s/m ship no longer hovers with L XL or Wrecks which is causing other issues.

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 21:57

This has just been tested in-game and capital ship gravity effect seems to be working OK with both player and with reserve pilot in control. Vanilla of course.

Any chance of a link to a vanilla 3.00 save and maybe a video that show the issue in action?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

lordmuck
x4

Re: [bug] s/m ship no longer hovers with L XL or Wrecks which is causing other issues.

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 23:47

Yeah vanilla no mods

This was taken with the SV 3.00. Im always signed up for betas.

https://youtu.be/cWrniRAp_Dc?t=810I 13:30 go over the whole thing including the spacesuit unable to move away from the wreck. Watch until 17:06 4 mins total.

I can hover while in the seat, if I leave or if a NPC pilot takes over the "magnetic" pull stops working and the ship we are hovering with ofc leaves us behind. You will see what I mean with this wreck

Thanks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 12:00

Thanks, and the save?

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 15:26

Oh yeah sorry didnt think you would need that, as you can repeat the issue with any wreck / ship that is bigger than what you are piloting. The save is nowhere near that wreck tho.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jPs2K ... tiZ0uVKAUT

1, take your s / m ship to another ship, fly close to it set your speed to 0 (back space) you ship will be moving with the other ship.
2, stand up - if you have a pilot or not, your ship will no longer be moving with the other ship.

Thats the issue, and the whole spacesuit unable to get past the magnetic pull of a wreck as our ships no longer hover with whatever its close to.

Thanks and let me know if that save is ok for you :)

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 20:33

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 21:57
This has just been tested in-game and capital ship gravity effect seems to be working OK with both player and with reserve pilot in control. Vanilla of course.

Any chance of a link to a vanilla 3.00 save and maybe a video that show the issue in action?
How is this called working??
https://youtu.be/9V5GCcIWmYY
Care to show me this working?

Before we could allow our ships to hover with another ship that is bigger than the one we are piloting. We could walk away from the cpts chair and our craft would still be hovering and moving with the larger one, we could enter our spacesuit and fly around the larger construct even if the larger ship turns on travel mode.

Can we please get this sorted out for once, this is an ongoing issue since 1.6. This, as I have already pointed out, is causing other issues which involve using the spacesuit.
Im begging here, or do I need to sacrifice a unicorn that farts rainbows and pukes nyan cats?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 22:28

" ... or do I need to sacrifice a unicorn that farts rainbows and pukes nyan cats?" Yes. (Or you could just offer the devs a delivery of free pizza.).

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 22:52

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 22:28
" ... or do I need to sacrifice a unicorn that farts rainbows and pukes nyan cats?" Yes. (Or you could just offer the devs a delivery of free pizza.).
But that would put the devs at risk by catching Corona from the delivery man/cook/pizza packer person :P
As long as you can see the issue there in that upload, and it ends up on a todo list, I'm happy :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”