[3.00HF1 SV] Station Turrets Not Firing - at TGT's Below! - Devs on the case.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SpacePuppy
x4

[3.00HF1 SV] Station Turrets Not Firing - at TGT's Below! - Devs on the case.

Post by SpacePuppy » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 05:35

ARG L Plasma turrets on my Station aren't firing until the K is within about 3km. Encyclopedia says effective range is 8.6kms. This station has 160 L Plasma turrets. A single K took out 2 modules. An I is toucing my station and only a few turrets are firing.

In Hatiikvah's Choice 1. I have a station manager.

In all previous version of the Beta my station would shred a K. A simple station with a dock and four defense bridges with L Plasma turrets took out 3K's and an I with some help from me in a Nemesis Sentinel firing 5xHeavy Torpedos. Ultimately lost the station but at least is was firing back.

Now K's are walking up and trashing it unless they almost brush against the station.
20 mil is going up in smoke and plenty of time devoted to the build process. Disappointing.

I tried to teleport to the station to see if that might help. I could see the turrets tracking but still they wouldn't fire until the K was within aprox 3km.

1. Is my save game from the Beta Bugged
2. Did ranges change but the encyclopedia not get updated.
3. I see in the forum posts about a bug a year or so ago about "defense" default mode in turrets.
a. I'm assuming that was fixed a long time ago.
b. Advice was to set laser turrets assigned to the station. They were attacked and turrets would then fire in defense.
4. Is there some way to access station turret behavior?
5. My station manager has 1 star.
a. Is he completely incompetent? "Weapons HOLD, Maybe the K had a inadvertent weapon discharge"
b. Yes my turrets are actually build-complete and have been for a long time.
6. Anyone else seeing this?

Cheers,
SP
Last edited by SpacePuppy on Thu, 2. Apr 20, 18:49, edited 2 times in total.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: [3.0 HF1B1 SV] Station Turrets Not Firing

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 13:51

Could you please supply a save with steps to reproduce this?

SpacePuppy
x4

Re: [3.00HF1 SV] Station Turrets Not Firing - at TGT's Below!

Post by SpacePuppy » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 18:48

Thank you for the quick reply.

I had decided to look at it as kind of a payback for the free Beta research.

Well I had saved over the important moment in question. I did find an older save, about 4 hours. I was able to lead a single K to my station and my station opened fire with the K about 8k away and easily wiped it out before it could shoot.

So I led another K to the station. It opened fire again about 8km again. Then my station stopped shooting when the K got to about 7.3K away.

What I noticed is that in both instances with stalled turrets, the enemy was BENEATH my station when it wouldn't shoot.

The K then just tore up my station. The save is just after the station guns stopped firing and before the K rolls up to my grill to kick in my teeth. In the map profile view, the CENTER icon of the K has just moved below my station.

Nasty K! In my more recent save I brought in my supe'd up Behemoth to take out the engines on everything then I slayed them all; 5K's and an I. After they annihilated my station, however.

I'll attach the save shortly. I gotta figure out how.
Cheers,
Space PUP
Last edited by SpacePuppy on Thu, 2. Apr 20, 19:33, edited 2 times in total.

SpacePuppy
x4

Post by SpacePuppy » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 18:55

While I'm looking to add my save game. I did notice that my station says it still needs Field Coils and Shield Components. So maybe I have shields not yet complete on the bottom

SpacePuppy
x4

Post by SpacePuppy » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 18:58

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a3VtXd ... sp=sharing

This is a shareable link from my Google Drive.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 19:28

Thanks for the save!

SpacePuppy
x4

Post by SpacePuppy » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 19:40

SpacePuppy wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 18:55
While I'm looking to add my save game. I did notice that my station says it still needs Field Coils and Shield Components. So maybe I have shields not yet complete on the bottom
I looked at the resources needed and saw the above after those 2 K attacks. Maybe the K had already taken out a shield or two, not necessarily on the bottom. Because when I reload my save just prior to setting up a repeatable example, the station is completed 100%, no resources needed. I'll attach that save here. This save isn't so useful because it would require about 10-15 minutes to teleport to and set up the example. This save is useful to check the station condition before the fight.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rkDobm ... sp=sharing
This save is useful for checking the condition of my Hatikva's Choice 1 Defense Station prior to the fight.

Thank you for taking a look. I hope it's something easily remedied for my next defense station.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”