Game does not start - Resoved by clean driver reinstall.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fiesbertt
x4

Game does not start - Resoved by clean driver reinstall.

Post by Fiesbertt » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 09:06

Hello,

the game does not start. After starting it from steam I will see a mouse cursor for some seconds, then the screen will go black and stay that way. I then have to quit the game via task manager. Steam will consider the game as running although there is no instance of X4 listend on the task manager. It is the same problem I described here viewtopic.php?f=192&t=423193

What could I do to solve the problem?

Best regards

Fiesbert

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Game does not start

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 12:13

Thanks. Could you link a new run of your DxDiag made after all your changes please?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Fiesbertt
x4

Post by Fiesbertt » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 18:48

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 12:13
Thanks. Could you link a new run of your DxDiag made after all your changes please?
Hello,

a recent DxDiag can be found here. It is named DxDiagNeu.txt

Best regards,

Fiesbert

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 19:25

Where?

Fiesbertt
x4

Post by Fiesbertt » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 20:18

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 19:25
Where?
Sorry I forogt to include the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jdbf0byvbflb ... tH8ra?dl=0

Best regards,

Fiesbert

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 20:52

Thanks. What is interesting is that you are having quite a few serious issues reported in several other applications, but only a non-serious one reported for X4. That does imply that the game is indeed starting and running normally for a time at least. One of the serious core system issues was with Nvidia Control Panel and I don't know if that is significant for X4 play because your issue seems to be that the game is not being displayed.

I know from your other thread that you have worked hard on graphics, including upgrading your card. I still think that it may be worth doing a *clean* uninstall of your graphics driver and then a complete install of the latest non-beta driver for your current card and start it off using the default card and in-game graphics settings. Sorry if this turns out to be a waste of time. Good luck.

Oh, one other thing, if your game is on your Samsung SSD, make sure it is not using Magician and Rapid mode.

Fiesbertt
x4

Post by Fiesbertt » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 13:00

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 20:52
Thanks. What is interesting is that you are having quite a few serious issues reported in several other applications, but only a non-serious one reported for X4. That does imply that the game is indeed starting and running normally for a time at least. One of the serious core system issues was with Nvidia Control Panel and I don't know if that is significant for X4 play because your issue seems to be that the game is not being displayed.

I know from your other thread that you have worked hard on graphics, including upgrading your card. I still think that it may be worth doing a *clean* uninstall of your graphics driver and then a complete install of the latest non-beta driver for your current card and start it off using the default card and in-game graphics settings. Sorry if this turns out to be a waste of time. Good luck.

Oh, one other thing, if your game is on your Samsung SSD, make sure it is not using Magician and Rapid mode.
Hello,

good news: the game is working now. I uninstalled everything I could with DDU and reinstalled graphic card drivers and sound drivers. The game is now working.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Fiesbert

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”