In Authority We Trust

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raevyan
x4

Re: In Authority We Trust

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 25. May 20, 18:06

CaptainRAVE wrote:
Fri, 8. May 20, 19:31
drhay53 wrote:
Fri, 8. May 20, 06:51
Ok, I was able to get the achievement tonight. Here's what I did.

First step:
Spoiler
Show
After the mission where you go through the accelerator on the funeral ship and get caught and imprisoned, when you're allowed out, Dal will mention that he has a contact in the police. And to come and talk to him if you want to work with them. He is on the funeral ship at the accelerator in the dock area. There's no mission guidance to him, you just have to go there.
second step:
Spoiler
Show
meet with the police on the FRF defence station in the sector. Go through the conversation as normal
third step (this one I had to read the game files to figure out why I was missing it; Imperial Good gave me the clue)
Spoiler
Show
After freeing the prisoners and getting the ship at the end of the slave trader 2 line, you'll be asked to return to slave trader 2. The police will contact you and tell you to disengage. However if you look at the cues in the game file, it says the police have to actually see you run away. Effectively what this means is, you need to stay close to slave trader 2 until combat starts. Then run away. The Curbs lady will call you a coward. Now follow the quest to the end, blowing up the station. Then it popped for me.
Step 3 is an annoying detail to miss out on the achievement.

Tried it again and i am still not able to get this achievement. After undocking with the Chimera i flew to the slave trader and docked at it. As soon as i saw the police shooting it (took a while and the slave trader 2 was idling in space for a while), i flew away and got the coward call. Still the logbook said i failed to disengage in time. Did your logbook said that you disengaged in time?

PS: I do have a save sitting on slave trader 2 just before docking at the station, if needed.

Edit: When exactly do you get the achievement? After you ran away and report back or do you have to complete the rest of the whole plot?

harokyang
x4

Post by harokyang » Tue, 26. May 20, 04:01

rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 18:06
Edit: When exactly do you get the achievement? After you ran away and report back or do you have to complete the rest of the whole plot?
At the same time when you finish the entire plot and Split story end achievement popup

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 26. May 20, 12:53

harokyang wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 04:01
rene6740 wrote:
At the same time when you finish the entire plot and Split story end achievement popup
Just to be sure: If I did the slave trader 2 mission correctly, the logbook entry should not say that I did not disengage in time right?

I’m still not getting this part right.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Wed, 27. May 20, 21:39

rene6740 wrote:
CaptainRAVE wrote:
Fri, 8. May 20, 19:31
drhay53 wrote:
Fri, 8. May 20, 06:51
Ok, I was able to get the achievement tonight. Here's what I did.

First step:
Spoiler
Show
After the mission where you go through the accelerator on the funeral ship and get caught and imprisoned, when you're allowed out, Dal will mention that he has a contact in the police. And to come and talk to him if you want to work with them. He is on the funeral ship at the accelerator in the dock area. There's no mission guidance to him, you just have to go there.
second step:
Spoiler
Show
meet with the police on the FRF defence station in the sector. Go through the conversation as normal
third step (this one I had to read the game files to figure out why I was missing it; Imperial Good gave me the clue)
Spoiler
Show
After freeing the prisoners and getting the ship at the end of the slave trader 2 line, you'll be asked to return to slave trader 2. The police will contact you and tell you to disengage. However if you look at the cues in the game file, it says the police have to actually see you run away. Effectively what this means is, you need to stay close to slave trader 2 until combat starts. Then run away. The Curbs lady will call you a coward. Now follow the quest to the end, blowing up the station. Then it popped for me.
Step 3 is an annoying detail to miss out on the achievement.

Tried it again and i am still not able to get this achievement. After undocking with the Chimera i flew to the slave trader and docked at it. As soon as i saw the police shooting it (took a while and the slave trader 2 was idling in space for a while), i flew away and got the coward call. Still the logbook said i failed to disengage in time. Did your logbook said that you disengaged in time?

PS: I do have a save sitting on slave trader 2 just before docking at the station, if needed.

You should be ok. Go through the rest of the plot and destroy the station. Speak to Dal Busta and it will trigger.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 27. May 20, 23:48

The logbook said I did not disengage in time. Shouldn’t it be different if done correctly?

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Thu, 28. May 20, 10:08

rene6740 wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 23:48
The logbook said I did not disengage in time. Shouldn’t it be different if done correctly?
No idea, never looked at the log book. Just waited for the police to engage, ran away, she called me a coward and then I carried on through the quest.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sun, 14. Jun 20, 18:40

CaptainRAVE wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 10:08
rene6740 wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 23:48
No idea, never looked at the log book. Just waited for the police to engage, ran away, she called me a coward and then I carried on through the quest.
I was finally able to get the achievement. The logbook still said, that i did not engage in time after freeing the prisoners from Hall of Judgement. that is very misleading because it is very counter intuitive to the achievements descriptions...

FrankMintor209
x4

Post by FrankMintor209 » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 05:17

I can't get this one to pop at all. Do I have to finish the whole plot to get it?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 06:13

FrankMintor209 wrote:
Tue, 11. Aug 20, 05:17
Do I have to finish the whole plot to get it?
As good as all of the plot. Along the way you have to do the 3 requirements for it as well.

Nagittchi
x4

[3.30 BUG] In Authority We Trust Achievement not unlocking

Post by Nagittchi » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 21:34

After failing to get it the first time, followed the steps listed on this thread: <Merged, Alan Phipps> - thread hints that it should pop after I speak to Dal again but did not see it.
Mission summary still lists that I "fail to disengage" when the Split ask me to do so.

Unmodded save attached:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3uilmvk83 ... ml.gz/file

Has this achievement been moved until all the way to the end of the Split plotline? If so, is a dev able to check my save if its still ontrack?

Was wondering if I'm missing more hidden checkmarks similar to how the Righteous Fury actually requires you to wipe out half the fleet yourself

EDIT: Just re-read further down that thread and apparently it's all the way at the end. But with the mission log reading like I was siding with the Curbs, just wanted to check that I'm still on track.

EDIT 2: Completed the chain. Even though the disengage text was incorrect - still was an achievement at the end.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”