Stuck inside a wreck

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RobotronCop
x4

Stuck inside a wreck

Post by RobotronCop » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 13:41

Hey Guys,

I am playing a new save and I am using version 3.10. I just found a huge and annoying bug.
So I am exploring a wreck and I found the place to go inside of the wreck. But as soon as I am inside the wreck(which is spinning) it trows me out and I am stuck in some sort of limbo.
I am not inside the wreck nor out side. I cant dock to my ship and I cant get out of the wreck and there is nothing I can do
A huge amount of time wasted(long time since last save) but I loaded(an old save) and went back to the wreck same thing happen.

So are all wrecks in the game bugged? or should I just avoid wrecks and exploring them?
It ****** annoying tbh that the game is so buggy still after all this time...

https://i.imgur.com/WPBwhth.png
I hope you can see it in this image but I am inside a wreck, very much fun.

Can I some how fix this and get unstuck using a cheat code or a mod or should I just be very annoyed an loss progress.

best regars.
Last edited by RobotronCop on Thu, 18. Jun 20, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.

z1ppeh
x4

Re: Stuck inside a wreck

Post by z1ppeh » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 13:51

We are in 3.2

Why are you using an old version?

Its a good idea NOT to fly into wrecks that are spinning or moving as their entry points /exit points don't always seem to stay there. But there is usually a way in/out of anything. Failing that, teleport.

RobotronCop
x4

Post by RobotronCop » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 14:14

Sorry im in 3.20. Was a typo.

Well I cant teleport because i have not completed the quest yet. And I "can" get out of the wreck, but im just outside in a limbo, cant move away from the wreck more then 200m or so and can't dock into my ship etc.
And its very strange that if a wreck is spinning then you cant explore it...maybe just fix that?
or allow some sort of stabilization to match object rotation? I don't know I just though this was such a annoying and big bug that it should maybe be taken a look at?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 14:19

What stops you movng more than 200m from the wreck or docking at your ship? Is there some invisible barrier or something or is the entrance/exit impossible to reach?

If it is just that the wreck spins and hits you before you can get away then try moving away along the axis of rotation if you can.

If you want a proper investigation by a 3rd party then a link to a vanilla save with you either stuck or about to enter the wreck would be useful.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

z1ppeh
x4

Post by z1ppeh » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 14:24

The wrecks, regardless of what you can 'see' sometimes have an invisible barrier. Just find your way out of it. If you can get to your ship and there is still a docking issue, try the save/load/restart thing. Failing all of the above, post your save for the devs to fix and don't go wreck hunting till you can teleport :)

RobotronCop
x4

Post by RobotronCop » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 14:27

Yeah As soon as I try to move away from it, my speed is set to -16ms and I am stuck and can move any further.
Its like i'm inside the station gravity and I cant move out of it.

z1ppeh
x4

Post by z1ppeh » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 14:34

Your bouncing off something invisible. The wreck may look 'holey' but in reality a lot of those holes are filled spaces. Finding the hole to escape is the fun part :) Welcome to Wreck exploring 101. You can get in easy enough but its even worse than the maze plot to get out.

RobotronCop
x4

Post by RobotronCop » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 15:13

Humm yeah that is pretty sad that if a a object is spinning you cant use it, meaning a wreck that should be explorable.
I will not explore more spinning wrecks until I get the teleport. But its still a very bad and sad bug.

Exploring and looting feels like a big part of the game...I feel it should work...

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 17:45

I understand the frustration. I was in a similar situation with the game I started new at 3.0. As to teleport back to our ship only asks for the first of four (?) steps, it's fairly easy to finish the research. I waited meanwhile in the spinning wreck ...

Marcian999
x4

Post by Marcian999 » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 00:57

I had a similar problem. Version 3.20, some cargo drones stuck inside a Magnetar model. To release those cargo drones (or miners drones) I had to make the Magnetar travel through a gate.

And some ships, trying to dock, stuck inside a BEHEMOTH. Really unlucky, it was in the middle of a fleet fight :evil:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 12:54

@ Marcian999: That is not the topic of this thread. This thread is about spinning wrecks with 'invisible barriers' to exploration.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 00:47

I don't think it's an invisible barrier, but a gravity well and basic spacesuit thrusters. I did similar, went inside wreck in split space, navigated fine, but went to leave and found out I seemed to never get away from the wreck. It kept pulling me along. That said, there is a way to escape, just not easy. I turned and faced the direction of the spin, hit full booster (tab). I used the spin and booster to get me up in speed and then headed out in an angle that's not 90 degrees. Keep holding booster and you'll eventually break free. It took me a few tries. I came back later with the upgraded thrusters and was able to get away no issues.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”