Tutorial Learn the Basics is stuck - Steam synch issue?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Maxila
x4

Tutorial Learn the Basics is stuck - Steam synch issue?

Post by Maxila » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 03:34

I'm at the point where it asks to activate mouse flying mode with the keyboard, which I do then nothing. I've tried a bunch of stuff, including re-installing the entire game and nothing. In addition there seems to be another tutorial in my log that nI can't abort "Combat Scenario". Even after uninstalling the game and all the folders I could find that got left behind a new install put me in the exact same position. I did play this tutorial past that point before but wanted to restart it because I got interrupted while playing and felt I needed to go over it all again.

A guy in this Steam post https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/d ... 2382822273 had the excat same problem in December 2018, WTF gives?

z1ppeh
x4

Re: Tutorial Learn the Basics is stuck

Post by z1ppeh » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 16:28

Maxila wrote:
Sat, 20. Jun 20, 03:34
I'm at the point where it asks to activate mouse flying mode with the keyboard, which I do then nothing. I've tried a bunch of stuff, including re-installing the entire game and nothing. In addition there seems to be another tutorial in my log that nI can't abort "Combat Scenario". Even after uninstalling the game and all the folders I could find that got left behind a new install put me in the exact same position. I did play this tutorial past that point before but wanted to restart it because I got interrupted while playing and felt I needed to go over it all again.

A guy in this Steam post https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/d ... 2382822273 had the excat same problem in December 2018, WTF gives?
you tried shift N?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 17:45

I just tried the Flight School tutorial and it works fine. What's maybe not super clear from the sequence of the tutorial hints is that each time you switch to a different steering mode you're supposed to steer in every direction, before the tutorial continues to the next step. The task for that is sometimes displayed as an orange text below the actual tutorial hint text in the yellow framed box, but then also added to the message ticker at the left. Once you steered in every direction, you are asked whether you want to invert the vertical axis controls and the tutorial continues.
z1ppeh wrote:
Sat, 20. Jun 20, 16:28
you tried shift N?
Mouse steering (Shift+Spacebar) comes first, then direct mouse steering (Shift+N) follows.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Maxila
x4

Post by Maxila » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 03:36

I was none of that, I needed to turn off Steam synchronization, it kept loading some bugged out progress I made in that tutorial in a prior playthrough. After that deleting the local files in the save game directory allowed me to play the tutorial normally.

acestarfighter
x3

Re: Tutorial Learn the Basics is stuck - Steam synch issue?

Post by acestarfighter » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 02:09

I had this problem as well. It told me to activate mouse steering but displayed shift + spacebar instead of shift + N. Using Shift+N got it advancing for me. Thank you!

Noxxtromo

Post by Noxxtromo » Thu, 26. Aug 21, 10:26

I just had the same issue.
Got stuck in the first flight school tutorial, when I was prompted to turn on mouse steering.

- SHIFT+N: didn't help
- manually deleting save files: didn't help
- turning off Steam sync: didn't help
- loading a pre made X52 profile didn't help
- resetting keybinds and input to default: DID HELP! (all I had changed at this point was turning 'autoroll' off).

@ Egosoft: Honestly, I don't get it.
I've played most of the X-titles over the many years and every single one of them always felt clunky, unfinnished, weird and buggy.
I have just returned seeing a special offer on Steam and was like: Well, yeah.. Let' s give it a try, I' m sure they've had plenty of time patching it.

Getting stuck in the very first minutes of the very first tutorial: doesn' t give a very good impression at all.

Thank you!

Noxxtromo

Post by Noxxtromo » Thu, 26. Aug 21, 10:33

Literally 60 seconds later:

"Use the numpad to look around."

I dont HAVE a numpad on my keyboard!!
*sigh*

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”