Map/Filter issue? - Caused by mod

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gatekeeper13

Map/Filter issue? - Caused by mod

Post by Gatekeeper13 » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 00:50

In the past week I have started having an issue that I just cant seem to wrap my head around. I have completely uninstalled the game including all mods, disabled steams cloud save, deleted all save games, and deleted all files created related to the game by steam and X4. I have also unsubscribed from all mods in the workshop prior to re-installing the game. I have re-installed the game with both the 3.2 and 3.3beta downloaded and I have the exact same problem. The problem I am having is this, upon starting a new game and opening the map it appears that the trade filters are already enabled. If I attempt to open any of the filters on the map, nothing happens. If I then close the map, the map will not open again. This issue has persisted despite several days of uninstalling and re-installing trying different settings to see if it was some issue I could fix, but I have had no luck at all.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Map/Filter issue?

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 11:18

You need to pick a version, release or beta, and then report that issue in the appropriate forum along with the supporting information required for that forum. This is not being reported by the other players (release or beta) and so is most likely not an inherent game code issue.

The problem we have at the moment is just too many variables to investigate. For example, did you try an old save before making a fresh gamestart after doing your clean reinstall? That can introduce old problems back into the new installation.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gatekeeper13

Post by Gatekeeper13 » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 02:25

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 11:18
You need to pick a version, release or beta, and then report that issue in the appropriate forum along with the supporting information required for that forum. This is not being reported by the other players (release or beta) and so is most likely not an inherent game code issue.

The problem we have at the moment is just too many variables to investigate. For example, did you try an old save before making a fresh gamestart after doing your clean reinstall? That can introduce old problems back into the new installation.
Yes I tried an old save after the clean install and the issue persisted, it also showed up in a new game. I did find the culprit though in case the problem shows up for anyone else. I previously had a mod installed that created a product based off of nividium, cant recall the name. Apparently I had a search for the product set in the filters before I removed the mod. This caused a tiny little box with an x on it under the search bar on the map that I didnt notice since it was so small. It was still attempting to narrow the search for products down to the one from the mod. Im still not quite certain how that issue persisted through a complete re-install of the game but closing the little box seems to have fixed the problem.
Thanks for the quick response by the way :)

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 18:15

Gatekeeper13 wrote:
Sat, 27. Jun 20, 02:25
Im still not quite certain how that issue persisted through a complete re-install of the game but closing the little box seems to have fixed the problem.
uidata.xml in the user folder saves trade filters among other things.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”