Half screen/black screen/ not working

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

typhus7

Half screen/black screen/ not working

Post by typhus7 » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 19:43

Yo, so I just bought the game and when I try to play it, it starts with the loading screen pushed downwards and half missing.
Next, it allows me to maybe click around the menu, but after any serous clicking or game starting, the screen will flicker off. Then it will stay off more than likely. Once in awhile it flickers back on and I can see the game for about 1 second, then it bails again.
Thoughts and Ideas?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Half screen/black screen/ not working

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 19:56

Start by letting Steam verify the game's data to make sure that all files have been downloaded correctly.

If that doesn't help with your problem, best guess for what you're seeing is that your PC is not meeting the minimun system requirements, you have outdated drivers installed or experience some other kind of driver incompatibility. Your dxdiag and the other requested information will help us to tell you more.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Half screen/black screen/ not working

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 22:13

Sounds like X4 might be trying to output at a resolution that is not supported by your display.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”