Bug from Hatikavah's mission reporting

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Schwarzengel
x4

Bug from Hatikavah's mission reporting

Post by Schwarzengel » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 00:39

one big bug about old saving. We have already finished the HQ mission in old saving. And in new dlc we have Hatikavah's mission to lead us to other 2 missions in dlc. But after the Hatikavah's mission bug comes. After one day's playing nothing happened. and boron just gone ! not in aquarium anymore, maybe she has missing for a long time after i finished all the technik. But now it's a big problem for me. i don't want to star a new saving ,it's too tough. I have played this saving for more than 300 h. Any help?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Bug from Hatikavah's mission reporting

Post by CBJ » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 10:51

We're not going to be able to help much with so little information. A savegame would be a good starting point, but we also need to know your game version and whether or not it's modified, as explained in the sticky threads at the top of the forum.

Schwarzengel
x4

Post by Schwarzengel » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 15:44

it's now at the version 3.2. only with best trade mod and panting mod. this save started at the first version of X4 and until the latest version of this game.

Schwarzengel
x4

Post by Schwarzengel » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 15:57

And i think it's the vanilla bug from NPC, who will disappear or not load in when you play the main story mission. One time i even can't start Hatikavah's mission because the female npc is not in Hatikavah. And i return the save back to 6 hours ago. After that i can start this mission. But now the same problem comes again, boron is not at aquarium and the mission is stopped after the Hatikavah's mission. And i have tried to back my save. But it still block there. :shock:

Schwarzengel
x4

Post by Schwarzengel » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 19:23

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 10:51
We're not going to be able to help much with so little information. A savegame would be a good starting point, but we also need to know your game version and whether or not it's modified, as explained in the sticky threads at the top of the forum.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZJHvur ... sp=sharing
here is the adress of save

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 18:07

Hi. I've look at your save. It does look like you're playing with mods and we can't say if these are going to cause issue with the missions. I was able to play the Hatikvah story a bit further by deploying the laser towers and then speaking to Reen on the station. She was where she was supposed to be.

If you have a savegame where a plot character is currently missing, we can take maybe take a look again, but it may well be mod related.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Schwarzengel
x4

Post by Schwarzengel » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 14:45

I didn't use any mod that will influence npcs' behaviour. now the save is at the right place. after the hatikavah's mission , that man will die. And after that boron from hq mission should contact me. But boron didn't do that. And the mission didn't go on. The boron is not in aquarium now. she is missing. And the split mission from dlc can't be triggered.

the save now:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fbRvZC ... sp=sharing

Schwarzengel
x4

Post by Schwarzengel » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 14:50

I don't want to disturb you, and i thought you didn't look my reply. So i start a new subject. Is there any rule that i can't write again? I didn't know that, sorry.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 15:06

Schwarzengel wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 14:45
I didn't use any mod that will influence npcs' behaviour.
So you say, but we have no way of confirming exactly what third party mods may affect or not affect, and we are not going to spend a long time trying to do so. If you can reproduce the problem in an unmodified game, i.e. one that has not had mods installed from the start, then we will take a further look. Otherwise we will have to assume that the mods you are using have affected it.

Schwarzengel
x4

Post by Schwarzengel » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 16:10

EMMM.But i have given the save at the right place where it bugged. Just see what happened? So i can know what's really going on. And just one panting mod for ship and one trade mode to improve the vanilla trade can influence the main story. I think the compatibility is a problem. This game, however needs to live together with mods.

Schwarzengel
x4

Post by Schwarzengel » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 16:20

My suggestion is the story can be triggered in different ways, not just one line mission, besonders in main story. In this case it can solve block of missions. And block in main story is not an enjoyable experience, besonders when the player have already played for hundreds hours.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 16:37

There is no way that we can promise that nothing in the game will break no matter what modders do. It is the responsibility of modders to make sure their mods don't break things; we can help them if they get stuck, but we cannot waste time chasing problems that are very likely caused by someone else's work and that we have little or no control over. Once again, if you can demonstrate that the problem occurs in an unmodified game then we will happily look into it. Otherwise you will need to take it up with the author(s) of the mods you are using (though clearly you won't need to bother the creator of a mod that just add paint mods :)).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”