end oF terrorism mission broken )no guidance as to where should i be scanning) - Fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palm911
x4

end oF terrorism mission broken )no guidance as to where should i be scanning) - Fix in a future build.

Post by palm911 » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 21:23

i left the mission on hold after paying the 400,000,000 credits i was asked for,

tried to finalize the mission, but. there is no guidance to the point where i am supposed to go scan (and after that destroy the targeted by mission station)

how do i add a save game?

thank you.

PS, unmodded game version 3.2
X gamer , one at a time.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: end oF terrorism mission broken )no guidance as to where should i be scanning)

Post by CBJ » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 21:55

palm911 wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 21:23
The 'read this first' sticky thread at the top of the forum wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 23:19
...you can upload the data to a reputable public fileshare site (a few examples are Google Drive, DropBox or PasteBin, etc) but please don't use sites that spam advertising or require registration for downloads.

palm911
x4

Re: end oF terrorism mission broken )no guidance as to where should i be scanning)

Post by palm911 » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 23:18

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 21:55
palm911 wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 21:23
The 'read this first' sticky thread at the top of the forum wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 23:19
...you can upload the data to a reputable public fileshare site (a few examples are Google Drive, DropBox or PasteBin, etc) but please don't use sites that spam advertising or require registration for downloads.
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/06d12f ... 422/a0899c
X gamer , one at a time.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 03:04

more info,.

i think i recall giving the 400m, then asked to go scan a station , which i did, then the actor saying that i needed to destroy the station, and i think i did not., i was busy doing something else, and did not want at the moment to finish it, i believe that is likely the station i was supposed to destroy got destroyed by other means, (not by player) and the quest bugged out after that. but not sure,

CBJ , hope the save game works, i used we transfer, did the link worked? if not let me know , thanks!
X gamer , one at a time.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 00:05

dear @CBJ did you were able to repro the issue or do you need anything else from me?

thanks
X gamer , one at a time.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 00:30

I'm not the one who can investigate this one, and those who can are working on several things at once, so you'll need to give them a little time. :)

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 10:10

palm911 wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 03:04
i believe that is likely the station i was supposed to destroy got destroyed by other means, (not by player) and the quest bugged out after that. but not sure,
Hello palm911. The station apparently got destroyed and in the player logbook in this save "End of Oppression" is listed as a completed mission. The follow-up mission "Zyarth's Coffin" where the player delivers missile components, weapon components and money, is also listed as completed in the players logbook and the Zyarth Patriarchy has been replaced by the Rhak Patriarchy. This concludes the Split story.

palm911
x4

Re: end oF terrorism mission broken )no guidance as to where should i be scanning) - Reached end of plot.

Post by palm911 » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 17:45

hmm, i might got confused and sent the wrong save, in this play through i sided with ZYA. i am supposed to scan for finding FRF rebels in a station , but i think it got destroyed as there is no guidance at all,. apparently after i find curbs are involved in that FRF station i am supposed to destroy it, (the game is stuck at the scan the leak in the station.

this time i checked the save date. 6/29/20 , my absolute apologies for sending the wrong one!

https://we.tl/t-kzgNrGMbw2 <-- we transfer link .
X gamer , one at a time.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: end oF terrorism mission broken )no guidance as to where should i be scanning) - Reached end of plot.

Post by izalith » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 15:57

Thank you for the save!

The target station is still around, but guidance to the station is missing. This issue will be fixed in a future build.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 16:57

izalith wrote:
Wed, 1. Jul 20, 15:57
Thank you for the save!

The target station is still around, but guidance to the station is missing. This issue will be fixed in a future build.
THANKS to you!!!

btw do you recall on top of your head WHERE the station is? just to take care of it LOL.
X gamer , one at a time.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: end oF terrorism mission broken )no guidance as to where should i be scanning) - Fix in a future build.

Post by izalith » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 17:29

Yeah it was a CAB station in Thuruk's Demise - First Impact. Good hunting.

palm911
x4

Re: end oF terrorism mission broken )no guidance as to where should i be scanning) - Fix in a future build.

Post by palm911 » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 18:22

MANY THANKS!

:)
X gamer , one at a time.

Bodymassage
x4

Post by Bodymassage » Thu, 1. Oct 20, 21:35

So what are we supposed to actually do in this mission? I get guidance to a station's dock with no instructions via the game or in the briefing on what I'm supposed to do.

Saw a mention in this thread about scanning but I cannot scan any more modules, scanning the static points that occasionally appear only trigger taxi missions to some other station and using EMP + scanning does nothing. I remember running into bug roadblocks in X Rebirth and that almost killed the game for me. Been stuck on this for a month or so and I'm just about ready to throw it in the garbage!

Not that the "reward" sounds any good after donating $400M and tons of effort....

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Mon, 18. Jan 21, 22:17

Bodymassage wrote:
Thu, 1. Oct 20, 21:35
So what are we supposed to actually do in this mission? I get guidance to a station's dock with no instructions via the game or in the briefing on what I'm supposed to do.

Saw a mention in this thread about scanning but I cannot scan any more modules, scanning the static points that occasionally appear only trigger taxi missions to some other station and using EMP + scanning does nothing. I remember running into bug roadblocks in X Rebirth and that almost killed the game for me. Been stuck on this for a month or so and I'm just about ready to throw it in the garbage!

Not that the "reward" sounds any good after donating $400M and tons of effort....
I have the same problem. I scaned the station, used EMP bombs, looked around the station for smome terrorists LOL. Can't find a solution to this one...

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 15:22

This will be fixed in an upcoming release, existing savegames can be continued (objective will change to 'scan: signal source' when near the station, might take a few seconds before it changes).

see also viewtopic.php?f=180&t=435092

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”