Incorrect operation of the Sell Offer in "Logical Station overview"

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cordum
x4

Incorrect operation of the Sell Offer in "Logical Station overview"

Post by Cordum » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 12:58

No mods, Russian, 3.20
The lower the value of Sell Offer, the more goods are available for sale. This causes trading to stop.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Incorrect operation of the Sell Offer in "Logical Station overview"

Post by CBJ » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 13:17

Sorry, I don't understand your report. Please provide more information, and maybe some screenshots and/or a savegame to demonstrate what you think the problem is.

Cordum
x4

Post by Cordum » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 15:51

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 13:17
Sorry, I don't understand your report. Please provide more information, and maybe some screenshots and/or a savegame to demonstrate what you think the problem is.
Sorry, it's hard to express thoughts in another language. I'll try in a different way:
(save I'm at one of the problem stations)
https://avatars.mds.yandex.net/get-pdb/ ... 1c9c/s1200
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 29. Jun 20, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

z1ppeh
x4

Post by z1ppeh » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 15:58

You set the buy offers to the level at which you wnat to buy UPTO. Example, set the buy offers to 2000 and you will buy upto 2000 of the goods to a station.

You set the sell offers to the level at which you want to sell FROM. Example, set the sell offers from 2000, you will only sell stock OVER the 2000 the station will keep for itself.

In your screenshot you have the buyoffers and selloffers at the same amount, so you will buy upto that level, but only sell from that level. Technically unless that station is producing nothing will sell.

Cordum
x4

Post by Cordum » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 16:34

z1ppeh wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 15:58
You set the buy offers to the level at which you wnat to buy UPTO.
You don't quite understand. The problem is that it is impossible to set a Sell Offer and Buy Offer in such a way that the station does not stop trading.
https://avatars.mds.yandex.net/get-pdb/ ... 6ca3/s1200
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 29. Jun 20, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Knightwolf
x4

Post by Knightwolf » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 01:15

I have been having the same problem as the OP, and have been trying and trying different things to make sure I was not doing something wrong. I will try to explain.

My setup is not using any production but using the station as a trade station.. So in a trade station you want to buy and then sell the ware,but the buy and sell settings are in conflict in ever scenario I have tested.

Lets use the "automatic buy amount"and "automatic sell amount".
In the Logical menu If you select "Automatic buy amount "and "automatic sell amount" The manager creates buys offers but will not create sell offers.

Reason- Mouse over the "auto sell amount" It reads "The Manager will create sell offers as long as stock levels remain above this amount" If you uncheck the "automatic sell amount" it will read the same as the "automatic buy amount" *Meaning it will never create a sell offer because the "automatic sell amount" never gets set below the "Automatic buy amount".

Now if you manually try to adjust the settings you can never slide the "Sell amount" below the "Buy amount" The Green triangle only sets equal to or greater than the "buy amount".

Sometimes I feel like I finally got it set correctly, and then go back to find it is not. But I believe or it seems in those cases the ware stock level was higher than the buy amount or storage allocation that was set.

Save Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4elcgpsjphkn ... ml.gz?dl=0

Image:https://www.dropbox.com/s/mg69uo7jrcvgx ... e.PNG?dl=0

Basically the issue is that the green arrow or "Sell Amount" needs to be independent of the "Buy amount" It needs to be able to set below the "buy amount" Otherwise it will never reach a trigger point to kick in the sell offer.

Swiftfire
x4

Post by Swiftfire » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 03:09

I use a couple of trade stations as well in my game. To make it work:

1. Manually set container space
2. Create buy order and set amount manually
3. Create sell order, leave automatic sell on

You can either leave the prices on auto, or adjust them manually. In my current game i support the split, so i also set it up that anybody can fill the buy orders, but only split races can buy from the station with use of a blacklist.

As it is a trade station, you want it to sell as much as possible, so leaving stock is no use at all.

Once the station has stock, it will list the wares with the prices for sale.

Cordum
x4

Post by Cordum » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 09:12

Swiftfire wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 03:09
Does the station buy and sell goods at the same time? I did the same thing, but the product still gets stuck.

Knightwolf
x4

Post by Knightwolf » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 14:55

Swiftfire wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 03:09

1. Manually set container space
2. Create buy order and set amount manually
3. Create sell order, leave automatic sell on

You can either leave the prices on auto, or adjust them manually. In my current game i support the split, so i also set it up that anybody can fill the buy orders, but only split races can buy from the station with use of a blacklist.

As it is a trade station, you want it to sell as much as possible, so leaving stock is no use at all.

Once the station has stock, it will list the wares with the prices for sale.
Okay- I went back and tried this method and it seems to work. I went back into the trade offers once and the offers showed blank. But that only happened once and I have not been able to get it to repeat. Still this seems kind of broken to me not being able to manually set both the "Buy amount/Sell amount". But this is a good work around for now. I'll keep an eye on because I had thought I tried this method before and found it not to work. But it is working now :)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 4. Jul 20, 22:50

For some reason one cannot set manual buy orders to be larger than sell orders. If set to automatic this will happen for trade station operation but for manual there is a UI limit preventing this for some reason.

zebai
x4

Post by zebai » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 20:45

Has anyone found a way to fix this? I can't seem to get the suggestions here to have any effect. "Sometimes" I can get it work if the station is fully stocked but I found it impossible for to setup a newly created station that will have both buy and sell offers at max amount both fully allowing one to buy up to 100% inventory space and sell to 0% stock levels which is how a trade station should work.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 21:13

@ zebai: It may be worth starting a separate thread describing exactly what you are trying to set up and what you have done to try to achieve it but without success. The rest of this thread is over a year old and the related game mechanics may have been changed somewhat over that time (and why workarounds suggested earlier may not work now). It may also be worth starting that thread in the main X4 gameplay forum rather than in Tech Sp as more players will see it there and perhaps respond with useful and current advice.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”