[3.2] Undocking / wharf frozen

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

z1ppeh
x4

[3.2] Undocking / wharf frozen

Post by z1ppeh » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 14:16

Howdy all.

Firstly, Heavily modded and running 3.2 but after numerous debugging sessions I cannot find the cause and short of going back to vanilla and building up to test this annoying issue (god knows how long that would take) it is semi-game annoying/breaking. And I know I am modded and unlikely to get even a look in but thought I would post anyway.

If lots of M ships are delivering to a s/m shipfab, and lots of M ships are getting built by the player (usually I notice this when I dump an order of 30/80 ships at once... which should be automatically handled with their docking / storage / throwing them outside of the fab anyway) the M docks freeze. There is a constant lock on the dock until it is visited by the player and nothing that uses the M docks within that shipfab works. At first I thought this was mods, I culled my list and worked back one by one and presumed I had fixed it with no error logs etc etc. Going back to the game it happened again once I built an empire and got my first shipfab going. Again, I worked through anything that touches these processes and came to the conclusion it was merely something I am modding that broke it, various fixes later it seems to work perfectly. I remember the old undocking bug where a ship would be moved to a safe position and have to return to the dock in order to 'undock' properly, this is exactly what it looks like when the player visits as the ships instantly jump to a safe position and then fly through the dock.

And then I get the issue again only this time it is not me (albeit I am the chief supplier to the shipfab).

TLDR: S/M Medium docks freeze and don't work again until the player arrives as there is an issue between getting ships into/out of station storage.

Incase you wanted to have a peek, attached is a googledrive link of the save / extensions directory (I omitted the DLC from the extensions so that is all you have to add in)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JAh97l ... sp=sharing

In save, just look at Argon Prime Wharf. Until visited by the player, sweet FA is happening and there are ships in storage (you can see by the dead end lines) that want to leave but do nothing.

The errors in the log are these little babies:
[=ERROR=] 107212.83 aicontext<move.undock,0x5a9f8>: after waiting 10.0019min in queue, Mercury Vanguard (ZEH-309) does not have an assigned dock.
attention: insector
undocking from: station_gen_factory_base_01_macro
present dock: shipstorage_gen_m_02_macro
assigned dock: null
=> restart

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [3.2] Undocking / wharf frozen

Post by CBJ » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 15:06

There's a good chance this is one of the things already fixed in 3.30 Beta 1. :)

z1ppeh
x4

Re: [3.2] Undocking / wharf frozen

Post by z1ppeh » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 15:11

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 15:06
There's a good chance this is one of the things already fixed in 3.30 Beta 1. :)
oh thank god!!!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”