[BUG] Plotted Map Waypoints Lose Connections - v3.20

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

[BUG] Plotted Map Waypoints Lose Connections - v3.20

Post by user1679 » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 05:11

When manually plotting a route on the map, often the waypoints you add after the initial "fly to" will lose their connection lines to the previous point.

For example, I clicked "Fly To" to create a point across the map from my current location. I then clicked and dragged in the middle of the line to create a new point. The initial point (now at the end of the line) turned grey and lost the connecting line to the point I just created. Both orders remain in the order queue, they just become disconnected on the map.

Also, if you choose "Fly To" and then click again and choose "Fly To", both orders are added to the queue but you will only see the current line that your ship is following. The second order has the waypoint greyed out and the connecting line from the first order is gone. If you swipe the mouse across the area between the two points, the cursor will change idicating you've found the line and can create a new point. But the line isn't visible.

This makes plotting a multi-point route frustrating since you don't know which point is associated with which order after you move them around the map.

DocAce
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [BUG] Plotted Map Waypoints Lose Connections - v3.20

Post by DocAce » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 09:45

I'm unable to reproduce this in a simple environment, there are problably more equired steps. This is what it looks like to me:
order.png
Could you provide a similar screenshot showing the original ship and both order locations?

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 10:36

DocAce wrote:
Tue, 30. Jun 20, 09:45
I'm unable to reproduce this in a simple environment, there are problably more equired steps. This is what it looks like to me:

order.png

Could you provide a similar screenshot showing the original ship and both order locations?
Yes, that's what mine looked like but then when I opened the map a few minutes later, the grey lines were gone. I could still click and drag to add more points as if they were there though. I had to exit the game and restart which temporarily fixes the problem. It seems very intermittent.

If it matters, I'm using an nVidia GTX 1050 Ti and the map seems to have several draw issues like ships appearing as solid boxes too.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 11:08

That sounds more like you might be running low on video memory rather than being a map issue specifically. Try turning down your AA settings a bit and see if that helps.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 11:08

The GTX 1050 Ti should be fine with 4 GB VRAM, it's the stock 1050 with 2 or 3 GB that usually has problems.

EDIT: NInja'd by CBJ. :)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 21:06

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 30. Jun 20, 11:08
That sounds more like you might be running low on video memory rather than being a map issue specifically. Try turning down your AA settings a bit and see if that helps.
Thanks, I'm running FXAA Low already also shadows off and medium textures. The "ships as colored box" thing usually only happens as the map is opening, they eventually change to proper icons in a few seconds.

I think the "disappearing lines" might be a mod. When I update the game, I disable all my mods at first but missed Extra Game Options which allows you to change map opacity (only down to 90%) and while I didn't look at the mod's source files, I wonder if it uses some sort of alpha blending that my gfx card doesn't like.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 21:24

user1679 wrote:
Tue, 30. Jun 20, 21:06
Thanks, I'm running FXAA Low already also shadows off and medium textures. The "ships as colored box" thing usually only happens as the map is opening, they eventually change to proper icons in a few seconds.
Then that's just a loading time issue and unrelated. You might find it improves if you install the game on an SSD drive.
user1679 wrote:
Tue, 30. Jun 20, 21:06
I think the "disappearing lines" might be a mod. When I update the game, I disable all my mods at first but missed Extra Game Options which allows you to change map opacity (only down to 90%) and while I didn't look at the mod's source files, I wonder if it uses some sort of alpha blending that my gfx card doesn't like.
We specifically ask people in the sticky thread at the top of the forum to indicate whether or not their game is modified. Doing so saves everyone a lot of time. Note also that map opacity is one of the new features in the 3.30 update, which is currently undergoing public beta.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 02:30

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 30. Jun 20, 21:24
We specifically ask people in the sticky thread at the top of the forum to indicate whether or not their game is modified. Doing so saves everyone a lot of time. Note also that map opacity is one of the new features in the 3.30 update, which is currently undergoing public beta.
Yes, I was aware of that which is why I disabled all my mods. In fact I physically moved them out of the folder and started a new game. I didn't realize that for some reason I missed that particular mod during the move operation.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”