How can I get my ships to fire torpedoes? - Fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ooomalley
x4

How can I get my ships to fire torpedoes? - Fix in a future build.

Post by ooomalley » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 14:35

How do I get my AI controlled ships to fire torpedoes?

I kitted out four Perseus fighters with two torpedo launchers each and a full bay of torpedoes and ordered them to attack an Atlas (in system). They fly at and around the target but do not fire their torpedoes. I set the torps to be the active ammunition and everything. Am I missing something? When I teleport into the fighters and take control I can fire the torpedoes myself, no problem.

(I put this in tech support because it seems like a bug to me. I'm on 3.20, unmodded.)

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: How can I get my ships to fire torpedoes?

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 14:53

Hi, could you please upload a save with this issue somewhere accessible and post a link here?

Our advice for providing saves for troubleshooting from one of the stickies above:
Technical Support Requests - Please read this before posting! wrote: If you are supplying information that will not conveniently fit into posts in this forum (approx 70,000 character limit per post), in the worst case you can split long text files across 2 consecutive posts, or ideally you can upload the data to a reputable public fileshare site (a few examples are Google Drive, DropBox or PasteBin, etc) but please don't use sites that spam advertising or require registration for downloads.

ooomalley
x4

Post by ooomalley » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 22:49

Thanks for the reply. Here's a save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ye4N0l ... sp=sharing

There are four Perseus (Torpedo Bomber) ships at the north end of the sector. When I select them and tell them to attack the HOP Odysseus Sentinel (that's pulled ahead of the rest), they fly up to it but don't fire.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 01:49

Did you go into the ship info/load out and actually load torps into the launchers?

ooomalley
x4

Post by ooomalley » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 12:32

Yes, and I also put the launchers in both primary and secondary weapon groups.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 14:08

Fix on the way! Thanks much for the save and the report. Fix should be in a future update.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 16:04

j.harshaw wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 14:08
Fix on the way! Thanks much for the save and the report. Fix should be in a future update.
hi, while you are at it maybe you will be able to improve the logic a bit for missile equip?
basically AI ship will not set as active ammunition for launcher any missile that is not set as default missile in the launcher macro, so its very tedious to set them up manually if you buy many ships at ones.

Code: Select all

<bullet class="missile_guided_heavy_mk1_macro" />
This also hurts mods that add new missiles quite much as AI basically can use just one missile, even NPC factions don't use different missiles if they have them in stock.

ooomalley
x4

Post by ooomalley » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 19:21

j.harshaw wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 14:08
Thank you! Glad to hear it!

Also the equipping part that Shuulo mentioned would also reduce a bit of tedium. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”