[3.2]Police triggers rep loss, checking ship about to cross gate

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

balistos
x4

[3.2]Police triggers rep loss, checking ship about to cross gate

Post by balistos » Mon, 6. Jul 20, 16:45

Hello,

Playing "basic" Foundation, no mod, Val Selton start, french language, 15+ days save.

I recently switch some patrolling ships to the police command (equiped with police scanner, 2 stars so that the command is available, into owned & not contested or contested sectors).

No forbidden ware. I noticed instead of roaming from places to places in their sector (patrol command), they go from ships to ships, acting as if they are scanning.

The problem occures, out of sector, while looking at the map, when an XL cargo seems to be scanned when it is about to cross a jump gate. I see my police ship slow down at the XL freighter, while the latter is approching the gate from behind.

The moment the freighter jumps to the next sector, it triggers a "short time reputation loss". The freighter turns red (hostile), and my police ship sets a target icon onto it, crosses the gate and attacks ... this can go mad and trigger a war.

I have a save before two of these events occure. It happened with a TEL freigther first, then an ARG freigther, two different sectors, same scenario.

There's a bit of random, when reloading, sometimes my police ships manage to check the freighters before going through the gate, no rep loss (or don't check them, no problem).

I have max rep (or allmost), police licenses. In my test, the neighboor sectors are owned by TEL (first event), and ANT (second event) ... maybe linked ? as these factions don't sell police license (only from MIN and ARG) ?

Also, these "guarded" sectors each have 6x Gorgon Vanguard police ships, looks like quite effective to reproduce these "events". And also, I notice big ships (like XL freighters), have this behaviour of crossing gate slowly from the behind, which may trigger the "scanning while crossing" to occure more frequently compared to other ships ?

It doesn't seem to be intended (right ?). For now, it makes "police" command too risky, cannot use it, might break reputation and then everything apart, I will go back to "patrol" command for now :)

(EDIT:spell fix)

shanrak
x4

Re: [3.2]Police triggers rep loss, checking ship about to cross gate

Post by shanrak » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 15:02

I have observed the same thing from my police in Nopileos' Fortune chasing ships into Grand Exchange and causing trouble with the MIN due to it. I too have stopped all policing activity in that sector.

balistos
x4

Post by balistos » Thu, 9. Jul 20, 08:39

I hope it would be fixed, as the Police behaviour is quite effective at revealing disguised SCA pirates, and they also go from ships to ships instead of roaming from places to places ... but for now at the cost of causing random violence at the gates against allies.

In case, here is the save (basic Foundations, no dlc) :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tiakCv ... sp=sharing

When loadding, hit pause.

There's a SCA lasertower that is going to be attacked. It doesn't seem to affect the test, but if you want to be sure :
Open map, in Holy Vision, cancel attack orders using taget icons set around the red SCA lasertower. Beware, there is a blue visible target icon, and 10 others grayed one from coming interceptors. Also, then, force interceptors to stay docked : they are coming from a carrier sitting at the south west gate, "S VS Zeus Avant-garde". From the carrier "info" panel, tell the interceptor wing to stay docked ("beta" group).

Now, check map at "Company Regard". There's a TEL Heron Vanguard (NYV-165) coming from the center of the map, going to the north gate. Timing is crucial. If you are "lucky", the TEL freigther will be "scanned" by a player owned police Gorgon the moment it tries to cross the gate ... violence occures there.

Second event, check the map at "Atiya's Misfortune I", north gate, at the beginning of the save, there's an ARG Shuyaku Vanguard (ELA-493) coming from the north gate, going to trade with a station into the sector. When trade is done, it will come back to the north gate. At this moment, again if you are "lucky", the ARG freighter will be "scanned" by a player owned police Gorgon while attempting to cross the gate ... violence again.

You need some reloading to get "lucky", but it happens quite often.

pkerking999
x3

Post by pkerking999 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 12:04

Necro. Because its still happening in 4.2

Been lurking for a while and this finally made me actually post something instead of just acquiring base designs and buggering off.

Insects
x4

Post by Insects » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 00:00

If you give the cops a single sector blacklist (simply the ban all checkbox, it doesn't ban their home) does it stop them chasing out of sector?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”