Average turret output on ship overview is much lower after ship is built - Fix in a 4.00 build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Quirkz
x4

Average turret output on ship overview is much lower after ship is built - Fix in a 4.00 build.

Post by Quirkz » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 20:29

Hey there. Something I've noticed, and run a few tests on:

When you build a ship, the "Avg. Turret Outputted (MW)" value is different from what it is when you examine the "ship overview" information page after the ship has finished building.
In some cases of ships with many turrets, such as a Raptor equiped with L plasma, and M flak, the difference can be from 3K on the ship construction page down to under 1k when built. Smaller ships with less turrets, such as the selene vanguard, this is more like ~280 dropping to ~240

If you go and upgrade this ship, and remove a turret, then add an equivalent one back (say, an L PAR plasma with an ARG plasma), the avg damage number will jump in the upgrade screen, but once again, when complete, it will drop.

Clearly, one of these calculated numbers is off, even though they should be the same.

I don't know if this actually impacts OOS/IS combat in the game, or if it's just a display issue.

This happens with 3.30

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Average turret output on ship overview is much lower after ship is built

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 22:57

Is it possible that achieved ship performance (in various different aspects) is being adversely affected by having poor crew skill points just after being built? The upgrade screen cannot know in advance what the post-build crew affects will be.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Quirkz
x4

Post by Quirkz » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 17:21

Ah. I didn't know that ship crew skill affected the DPS calculations on the ship overview.

Though if that's the case, why does it still show higher number when you go upgrade it later, replacing the turrets? Why are the old turrets being calculated with information about crew skill, while new turrets are not? Why are different ships with different number of turrets affected in different amounts? (from 10% to 70% less)

Still something not quite right there, though your explanation on crew skill makes sense (if crew skill can impact DPS by a multiple of 3)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 17:26

Heh, I wasn't actually explaining it; I was just postulating a hypothesis to see if anyone with relevant knowledge would support or refute it. It could still be a bug as far as I know.

Quirkz
x4

Post by Quirkz » Tue, 4. Aug 20, 21:41

Got it; thanks for the clarification!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 15:11

This was a bug and will be fixed in the 4.00 beta process.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”