Map UI Bugs Out or Something

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Doomdog19
x3tc

Map UI Bugs Out or Something

Post by Doomdog19 » Tue, 8. Sep 20, 17:29

Good morning,

I was told to post about this on the forums, so here I go.

This isn't anything new to me, as I've been seeing this for longer than I can remember. Whenever I leave the game running for a while, staying focused on it or just leaving it running in the background, the UI on the map will start to bug out and such. Here's a gif of what I'm talking about and a snip to show exactly what I'm referring to.

https://imgur.com/IptRT6J - The Gif
https://imgur.com/hq2Wdp8 - Snip with red circles showing what I'm referring to

PC Build:
CPU: Intel i7-8700 @3.2GHz up to 4.3
MB: MEG Z390 ACE
RAM: 48GB DDR4
GFX: GTX2060 8GB

Now, this doesn't bother me. It's not game breaking or anything to me. I still play the and I haven't made a fuss about it. I was just curious about why it's happening and if there's something I'm maybe doing wrong, something to try differently, or maybe it'll help you all out with troubleshooting and looking at UI things and what not. The reason I leave the game running for long amounts of time, is because I play without SETA. So, leaving the game running nonstop is quite efficient for me. I do restart the game 1 or 2 times a day but after that, I go back to leaving it running while I'm playing something else.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Map UI Bugs Out or Something

Post by CBJ » Tue, 8. Sep 20, 17:55

I'm not sure that what's shown in your GIF there has anything to do with how long the game has been running. I could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware it's to do with dragging the scrollbar with the mouse. If you have other issues that only appear when the game's been running for a longer time then that could be something different, but I believe the scrollbar issues is known. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”