3.30 BUG Incarcartura stuck at Undock - Critical

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aard00
x4

3.30 BUG Incarcartura stuck at Undock - Critical

Post by aard00 » Thu, 10. Sep 20, 21:50

It's in-sector, might have been due to me Teleporting in. It's in a fairly distant location from the build storage where it's supposed to be undocking from, and seems to be drifting a bit.

Has been at that status - Undock Critical - for 15+ in-game minutes. Have a save from around that time. Shout if you need it.

Thanks.

Edit:

https://imgur.com/a/IGgxaWg

Been there over an hour, and is just drifting slowly further from the build storage. Will try to edit again if it clears up after I go out of sector.

Edit 2: Yes, it did resume normal operation after I moved out of sector.
Last edited by aard00 on Thu, 10. Sep 20, 23:40, edited 3 times in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 3.30 BUG Incarcartura stuck at Undock - Critical

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 10. Sep 20, 21:58

Always provide without asking a link to an available vanilla save that shows the issue (with all steps to see the issue after loading it) as the devs cannot properly devote time to investigate without it. The ideal situation for investigation is with one save just before the issue and then one as or shortly after it happens - but that implies having prior warning of the problem and so is a very rare situation indeed.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

aard00
x4

Post by aard00 » Thu, 10. Sep 20, 22:26

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 10. Sep 20, 21:58
Always provide without asking a link to an available vanilla save that shows the issue (with all steps to see the issue after loading it) as the devs cannot properly devote time to investigate without it. The ideal situation for investigation is with one save just before the issue and then one as or shortly after it happens - but that implies having prior warning of the problem and so is a very rare situation indeed.
Gladly. But I don't want my saves public. Is there always one single person to PM for saves?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 10. Sep 20, 22:40

CBJ will make sure the right dev gets it if you send the link to him via PM and also link it back to this thread.

For those not so worried about exposing their game progress to other players, links to saves posted in the forum are quite safe and give no personal data away. Indeed, other players often help by testing your saves and providing useful feedback. (It also stops the devs' PM channels overheating! :) )

aard00
x4

Post by aard00 » Thu, 10. Sep 20, 23:13

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 10. Sep 20, 22:40
CBJ will make sure the right dev gets it if you send the link to him via PM and also link it back to this thread.

For those not so worried about exposing their game progress to other players, links to saves posted in the forum are quite safe and give no personal data away. Indeed, other players often help by testing your saves and providing useful feedback. (It also stops the devs' PM channels overheating! :) )
Thank you. Just to clarify, so I don't unduly overburden CBJ, should I always PM a save when I post a bug or only if it's asked for?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 11. Sep 20, 10:45

I think I covered that at post 2 above.

If you feel it important enough to report for investigation then it is almost always easier to investigate with a save. :)

The only exceptions would be for something that is totally obvious and needs no in-game setting up or replication; examples such as problems with hardware, drivers, launching the game, etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”