Possibly broken PHQ makes me want to uninstall - Explained and a way forward, but might be improved.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Possibly broken PHQ makes me want to uninstall

Post by rboerdijk » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 10:19

bennyboy wrote:
Mon, 21. Sep 20, 07:59
rboerdijk wrote:
Fri, 18. Sep 20, 13:03
bennyboy wrote:
Wed, 16. Sep 20, 23:40
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SEn1GH ... 330yt/view

Okay is this okay? 3 full days' into this, so it's a pretty big file!
You are at the part of the Hatikvah storyline where you need to "Scan: Scale Plate Pact data leak" and while this is active you can not start the PHQ mission;
First continue with the Hatikvah storyline, and if you progress a bit further you should be able to find the leak PHQ.

We'll see if we can improve this situation in a future version.
I doubt that this particular issue will affect many players-- just seems to be dumb luck.
You'd be surprised, this is one of the few points in the stories where we don't set explicit guidance and leave the initiative to the player...
Interestingly enough most players seem to do "something else" and then completely forget about the active Hatikvah Mission.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Possibly broken PHQ makes me want to uninstall

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 11:11

rboerdijk wrote:
Mon, 21. Sep 20, 10:19
[
You'd be surprised, this is one of the few points in the stories where we don't set explicit guidance and leave the initiative to the player...
Interestingly enough most players seem to do "something else" and then completely forget about the active Hatikvah Mission.
If you search in their save games you'll see that they tried and got busted by those three SCA ships that will hunt them down, follow them everywhere on the map. So they try to get a "decent" ship to face the 3 blast mortars of a Buzzard... while the solution is right in front of their eyes (after they get blown up the first time around). I managed to finish this part of the storyline, and subsequently the whole Hatikvah storyline on the Callisto that Hatikvah gave me for free...
Spoiler
Show
Step A: Find an SCA station that is close to a jump gate/accelerator that has a Defence Station close by at the other end
Step B: Run for your life through the gate/accelerator and stop "by the feet" (literally) of the Defence Station
Step C: As the Defence Station starts sending missiles against them and after the defence drones are launched, follow the defence drones to, maybe, get a kill yourself!!!
P.S. It helps a lot if such am SCA Station is spawn near the Heretics End gate. Y can both get rid of them AND start amending your standing with ZYA (like going from -21 to -19 in one go AND capturing a Buzzard to help you around the game)

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Possibly broken PHQ makes me want to uninstall - Explained and a way forward, but might be improved.

Post by rboerdijk » Thu, 24. Sep 20, 10:33

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 21. Sep 20, 11:11
If you search in their save games you'll see that they tried and got busted by those three SCA ships that will hunt them down, follow them everywhere on the map. So they try to get a "decent" ship to face the 3 blast mortars of a Buzzard... while the solution is right in front of their eyes (after they get blown up the first time around).
Thanks for the info, forwarded to the devoloper of this part of the storyline.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Possibly broken PHQ makes me want to uninstall - Explained and a way forward, but might be improved.

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 24. Sep 20, 12:30

rboerdijk wrote:
Thu, 24. Sep 20, 10:33
Thanks for the info, forwarded to the devoloper of this part of the storyline.
I'm afraid that the developer will not (and should not) do anything... I (want to) believe that this is part of the "think" section of X4 (Just as the two initial missions of the Split DLC, afterall all 3 cases have almost the same "solution").

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”