3.30 Bug Cant refill crew in own shipyard/wharf

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KopiG
x4

3.30 Bug Cant refill crew in own shipyard/wharf

Post by KopiG » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 11:40

So there are two bugs actually. The first is a gamemechanic bug. The second is more of a visual bug.
  • So if you try upgrade/refit your ship at your owned shipyard/wharf you cant refill the crew even tho the station has plenty of workforce.
  • This issue is not present when building new ships however the UI still sais that the station has zero crew but the finished ship will contain the crew you specified at build time. This is most likely just a visual bug.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 3.30 Bug Cant refill crew in own shipyard/wharf

Post by CBJ » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 12:20

We'll almost certainly need a savegame to see this issue in action. :)

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 12:43

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 17. Sep 20, 12:20
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oA050z ... p=drivesdk

Additional note: this game was started on like 1.0 with like 4 hours play time then only in the past months I have truly started playing. Maybe that could cause this?

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 13:46

Any update on this?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 13:56

Please don't bump, especially after only one day.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 16:07

KopiG wrote:
Thu, 17. Sep 20, 12:43
CBJ wrote:

Additional note: this game was started on like 1.0 with like 4 hours play time then only in the past months I have truly started playing. Maybe that could cause this?
I took the liberty of taking a look at your save game. I'm obviously not a dev but I spotted one thing that may be causing the problem. You are low on personnel, actually in your save game you are 400 below optimum. I suppose (again I'm not a dev) that this makes it OK to supply NPC's for new ships (or this is a bug) but not for "refits" (maybe deemed as 2nd priority). I'd suggest that you take your time to allow the population to grow to optimum level, even though you need about 400 more and you have only 7 habitation modules. It will take a lot of time... Unfortunately L Habitations increase population at the same rate as the S ones (this is something that should be looked into, but out of the context of your OP).

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 17:49

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 18. Sep 20, 16:07
KopiG wrote:
Thu, 17. Sep 20, 12:43
CBJ wrote:

I took the liberty of taking a look at your save game. I'm obviously not a dev but I spotted one thing that may be causing the problem. You are low on personnel, actually in your save game you are 400 below optimum. I suppose (again I'm not a dev) that this makes it OK to supply NPC's for new ships (or this is a bug) but not for "refits" (maybe deemed as 2nd priority). I'd suggest that you take your time to allow the population to grow to optimum level, even though you need about 400 more and you have only 7 habitation modules. It will take a lot of time... Unfortunately L Habitations increase population at the same rate as the S ones (this is something that should be looked into, but out of the context of your OP).
Hmmm thats very odd. Im like 60 000 personal away from optimum and not just 400. So you are saying, if you are below the optimum personal level, you are not going to be able to refit your ships with new personal but you could construct them with whatever personal amount you decide? I still smell a bug here if thats how this works because this makes no sense. Let me give you a few screenshots and a few notes on my part:

First image. I have more than 7800 workforce out of 14998. The optimal amount is almost 72 000. Are you saying if I am below the optimum my station count as having ZERO workforce for ships? But then see the second image and situation below which is extremely strange then.
https://i.imgur.com/3Leoxfs.jpg

Second image. Building a completely new Raptor. The screen clearly sais I do NOT have enough workforce to fill the ship. This is NOT true. If you complete this order the finished Raptor will be filled with the crew you exactly specified as you can see here on this screenshot.
https://i.imgur.com/aAsIc41.jpg

Third image. I attempt to refit my existing Colossus Vanguard. I cant interact with the crew bars and I cannot change the crew composition in any way.
https://i.imgur.com/knk9SZj.jpg

A much newer save file on which I just did the screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K6CdTU ... sp=sharing

ONLY mod I am using is to be able to buy modification parts from traders (Exceptional Weapon Chamber, High Energy Catalysts etc...). This clearly shouldnt affect stations this way.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 18. Sep 20, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversize images -> links

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 20:19

KopiG wrote:
Fri, 18. Sep 20, 17:49
Hmmm thats very odd. Im like 60 000 personal away from optimum and not just 400. So you are saying, if you are below the optimum personal level, you are not going to be able to refit your ships with new personal but you could construct them with whatever personal amount you decide? I still smell a bug here if thats how this works because this makes no sense. Let me give you a few screenshots and a few notes on my part:

First image. I have more than 7800 workforce out of 14998. The optimal amount is almost 72 000. Are you saying if I am below the optimum my station count as having ZERO workforce for ships? But then see the second image and situation below which is extremely strange then.
I just noticed that... you are WAY too down. I have seen posts in other forums and the answer (by the community) always was that you need to have a surplus for a shipyard to function properly... therefore my post.
KopiG wrote:
Second image. Building a completely new Raptor. The screen clearly sais I do NOT have enough workforce to fill the ship. This is NOT true. If you complete this order the finished Raptor will be filled with the crew you exactly specified as you can see here on this screenshot.

Third image. I attempt to refit my existing Colossus Vanguard. I cant interact with the crew bars and I cannot change the crew composition in any way.

ONLY mod I am using is to be able to buy modification parts from traders (Exceptional Weapon Chamber, High Energy Catalysts etc...). This clearly shouldnt affect stations this way.
If this mod you are using also includes buying Seminars for the crew, it most probably "touches" crew behaviour... But I still think the correct answer is in the number of workforce in your Shipyard.

For this reason (the personnel increasing too slow) I have seen (in discussions) many people tent to build more M, even S Habitats so they can have the increase in a "timely" manner. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it in your save except built some 10 S Habitats fast... (another reason why people avoid self sustaining megacomplexes. To add insult to injury, you have chosen the PHQ to do it, which by itself needs 200 Workforce for no apparent reason...

I would advise you to take a look in the Steam Forum (200 times more populated than this one) and make a search in older posts about the issue, even post a thread there.

EDIT: I wouldn't expect an answer in this forum. As you can read in the guidelines the submitted saves must be unmoded. Even if you disabled the mod to save the mod info is still in the file and the "standard" (mostly justified) answer is that they can do nothing since the save is moded, plus advise to contact the mod creator about your issue.

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 20:24

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 18. Sep 20, 20:19
KopiG wrote:

I just noticed that... you are WAY too down. I have seen posts in other forums and the answer (by the community) always was that you need to have a surplus for a shipyard to function properly... therefore my post.
KopiG wrote:

If this mod you are using also includes buying Seminars for the crew, it most probably "touches" crew behaviour... But I still think the correct answer is in the number of workforce in your Shipyard.

For this reason (the personnel increasing too slow) I have seen (in discussions) many people tent to build more M, even S Habitats so they can have the increase in a "timely" manner. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it in your save except built some 10 S Habitats fast... (another reason why people avoid self sustaining megacomplexes. To add insult to injury, you have chosen the PHQ to do it, which by itself needs 200 Workforce for no apparent reason...

I would advise you to take a look in the Steam Forum (200 times more populated than this one) and make a search in older posts about the issue, even post a thread there.
So you are saying that ONLY surplus workers can be crew on ships. Then how can I make brand new ships with whatever crew I want (second image) but I cant refit the crew on existing ships (third image). This makes zero sense. No I cant buy seminars, only modification parts, even that only touches trader inventory, not crew behavior. This has nothing to do with that.
So just to clear out the mod off this discussion Im posting the contents for it so you can see it has nothing to do with the issue at hand:
stock.xml

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> 
<diff> 
	<add sel="/stocks/stock[@id='default_trader']">

<ware ref="modpart_nividiumoxide" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />
		<ware ref="modpart_tuningsoftware" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />
		<ware ref="modpart_enginefuelinjector_t1" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />		
		<ware ref="modpart_enginefuelinjector_t2" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />	
		<ware ref="modpart_enginefuelinjector_t3" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />	
		<ware ref="modpart_extendedfuelcontainer" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />			
		<ware ref="modpart_highenergycatalyst" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />
		<ware ref="modpart_nividiumcrystallite" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />
		<ware ref="modpart_shieldgeneratorcoil_t1" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />
		<ware ref="modpart_shieldgeneratorcoil_t2" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />			
		<ware ref="modpart_shieldgeneratorcoil_t3" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />	
		<ware ref="modpart_shipnanoweave_t1" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />
		<ware ref="modpart_shipnanoweave_t2" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />		
		<ware ref="modpart_shipnanoweave_t3" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />
		<ware ref="modpart_weaponchamber_t1" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />		
		<ware ref="modpart_weaponchamber_t2" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />			
		<ware ref="modpart_weaponchamber_t3" min="100" max="150" chance="100" />	

</add>
</diff>
wares.xml

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> 
<diff> 

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_tuningsoftware']/price">
		<price min="15000" average="20000" max="25000" />
	</replace>

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_nividiumoxide']/price">
	</replace>

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_enginefuelinjector_t1']/price">
		<price min="40000" average="50000" max="60000" />
	</replace>

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_enginefuelinjector_t2']/price">
		<price min="200000" average="300000" max="350000" />
	</replace>	

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_enginefuelinjector_t3']/price">
		<price min="800000" average="900000" max="1200+000" />
	</replace>		

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_extendedfuelcontainer']/price">
	</replace>

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_highenergycatalyst']/price">
		<price min="10000" average="20000" max="25000" />
	</replace>

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_nividiumcrystallite']/price">
		<price min="10000" average="20000" max="25000" />
	</replace>	

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_shieldgeneratorcoil_t1']/price">
	</replace>	

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_shieldgeneratorcoil_t2']/price">
	</replace>	

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_shieldgeneratorcoil_t3']/price">
		<price min="800000" average="900000" max="1200000" />
	</replace>	

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_shipnanoweave_t1']/price">
	</replace>	

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_shipnanoweave_t2']/price">
	</replace>

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_shipnanoweave_t3']/price">
	</replace>	

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_weaponchamber_t1']/price">
	</replace>

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_weaponchamber_t2']/price">
	</replace>

<replace sel="/wares/ware[@id='modpart_weaponchamber_t3']/price">
	</replace>	

</diff>

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 00:00

KopiG wrote:
Fri, 18. Sep 20, 20:24

So you are saying that ONLY surplus workers can be crew on ships. Then how can I make brand new ships with whatever crew I want (second image) but I cant refit the crew on existing ships (third image). This makes zero sense. No I cant buy seminars, only modification parts, even that only touches trader inventory, not crew behavior. This has nothing to do with that.
So just to clear out the mod off this discussion Im posting the contents for it so you can see it has nothing to do with the issue at hand:
I can see what you mean, it's a totally clear mod. However, if X4 recognises it as a mod (as you start the game you see a yellow "Modified" next to the save, it is considered modified and the guidelines here clearly refer that all submited saves must not be modified. This is why I proposed to take your question to Steam Forum.

The fact that you can make new ships without having enough personnel is a bug by itself (many people hope it will not be fixed, trust me on that). Probably the two functions (building a ship and changing configuration in a ship) look at different routines (for a reason known only to Egosoft), if that is the cause.

P.S. I wish you the best of luck in finding a way out of this problem and thank you for providing the only reasonable conversation I had here in months!!!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”