Stuck on sold ship

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ithnann

Stuck on sold ship

Post by Ithnann » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 12:07

I sold an old ship without thinking and apparently I was still on it. There are no options in the elevator for me to use spacesuit and the ship has not gone to port in 11 hours. Please put an option in the game to use spacesuit on all ships including non owned or allow us to ask them to atleast land so we can disembark.

Ithnann

Re: Stuck on sold ship

Post by Ithnann » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 12:12

Also, I dont have the ability to teleport and i noticed many hours later so I am unsure i have a save within 10 hours of when it happened.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 17:29

You can, in fact, use your spacesuit on most ships even if you don't own them. I know this because I accidentally hitched a lift on an NPC ship while testing something else, and ended up ejecting when it looked like the pilot wasn't going to survive an encounter with some Xenon! The difference in your case is that you sold the ship while actually on board, rather than it just being a random NPC ship. Unfortunately in this case, the ship will have locked its docking bays to prevent anyone else using them, and in all likelihood it won't unlock them again or land anywhere for you to disembark.

Your plight sparked quite a discussion, and we've come up with a proposed solution that should prevent it happening in future. When we implement that, we'll also try and include code to "rescue" people like you to whom it has already happened, but I can't promise how far away that solution will be. In the meantime I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions to offer, other than reverting to the most recent save you can find from before it happened.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 18:34

Also a hint to enable autosave. Yes, it can happen at inconvenient times (normally just after an NPC or Betty says something) but it can be worth putting up with it to prevent the sort of playing time loss that you are seeing.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ehli
x4

Post by Ehli » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 20:35

Why not do the PHQ quest if you haven't done so already and research teleportation? After that you can teleport out :)

Unlike the previous X games in X4 I watch the map screen for such a long time that I usually pick a quiet place to stand in for hours, lol.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”