Cargo Drones Can't Land on Rattlesnake

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Cargo Drones Can't Land on Rattlesnake

Post by LameFox » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 23:40

...and possibly also other ships, but I'm on a new game and I captured a Rattlesnake.

I didn't save during this but it's probably easy to make it happen with dev tools to spawn things. The trouble is, these drones are huge, and hang around right outside the port they fly into. They also want to fly directly into it in a perfectly straight line with no interruptions. So if you have enough of them and they all come back around the same time (e.g. after a fight, when you stop to wait for them), the one trying to fly in is constantly bumped out of the way by the others milling there (they don't sit still, I'm not sure why). It tries to make its approach, is nudged, has to try again... over and over, until I get fed up and fly OOS. And this is when the ship is perfectly still. If you wanted to do it on the move, e.g. during combat, I can't see how even one single drone would land.

This makes them basically unusable. The things you want them to pick up will mostly despawn.

While it's technically a different issue, I feel it also bears mentioning that ships are horrifying at landing on this destroyer too. They often try to make a million small corrections to avoid surface geometry below them as they come in to land and it makes them spend ages faffing around there. And when I say "avoid", they're not really in danger of hitting it, it's more like they want to keep the exact same distance from the nearest geometry below them and that's changing rapidly so they don't know what to do. Again, this is when perfectly still, and any sort of movement makes it even less successful.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”