Building Bug No 2 - Working as Intended

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Building Bug No 2 - Working as Intended

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 11:39

The Station can function even if the components are not connected with each other. This defies the whole building concept besides logic. Please fix (preferably sooner than later).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Building Bug No 2

Post by CBJ » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 12:04

This isn't a bug. Aside from making it easier for players to design their stations, it's necessary because it's not always possible for the NPC station construction to create a continuous station with the modules it has available.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 18:32

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 21. Sep 20, 12:04
This isn't a bug. Aside from making it easier for players to design their stations, it's necessary because it's not always possible for the NPC station construction to create a continuous station with the modules it has available.
Really? Having a 4 mil production module but not having an 80K cross? Then how would such a station look like? More like debris.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 18:46

Actually I was quite impressed with the look when I found an NPC station with some floating (unconnected) defence disks in my vanilla game - they looked like big versions of X Rebirth's floating Targon Tracer weapon platforms.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 19:38

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 21. Sep 20, 18:32
Really? Having a 4 mil production module but not having an 80K cross? Then how would such a station look like? More like debris.
It's not about how much a particular connector costs. It's about the process not taking an unreasonably long time for the automatic station generation to design a viable station using the parts provided. And, as Alan mentioned, it's also about modules that are specifically designed to be able to be used disconnected. And it's also about giving players a bit more leeway when designing their own stations. Anyway, regardless of the specific reasons, this is not a bug and is working as intended.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 22. Sep 20, 11:26

It makes sense to place defensive bunkers to the perimeter and not obscure their field of view with other modules.
OOS might be a different story, as always.
CBJ wrote:
Mon, 21. Sep 20, 19:38
And, as Alan mentioned, it's also about modules that are specifically designed to be able to be used disconnected.
Is there any module that must be connected in order to be functional? I guess not.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”