[3.30] Hud disappeared - Nvidia claim fixed in driver 461.33 Jan 2021.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RAZUMNO

[3.30] Hud disappeared - Nvidia claim fixed in driver 461.33 Jan 2021.

Post by RAZUMNO » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 14:46

I got weird bug with ship hud. Sometimes hull/shield hud disappear, sometimes speed hud, sometimes weapons hud. Most of the time it's happened when i open map and then closed it. Look at screenshots. I'm using GTX 1070, win 10, 16GB Ram.
https://i.imgur.com/ldKup7z.png
https://i.imgur.com/hmCGF6b.png
https://i.imgur.com/oEgODhr.png
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 6. Oct 20, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [3.30] Hud disappeared

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 15:34

How much VRAM does your GTX 1070 come with and is your graphics driver fully updated? (This is why we ask for information.)

Normally if the HUD totally disappears it is an issue with an intermittent/unwanted Shift-H (or equivalent if remapped) control toggle input - but a partial loss like that is more likely your graphics card struggling for storage or not getting a timely update from video cache etc.

Does it happen more after you have been playing continuously for some while and not so much after a game relaunch?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 16:24

maybe it helps, had that issue all of a sudden, loading of assets was super slow, all the hud elements also, closing and opening map was too super slow, the game was working fine for 1800 hours until now

so I go to open Nvidia control panel and didn't have any options available, I have 1070 too, why did the drivers brake I don't know, via a benchmark my card was used like 30 percent

reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and all is back to normal again
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Emerson d'Anite
x4

Post by Emerson d'Anite » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 17:39

Hello,
This problem occurs with Drivers v456.38.
You can use the preceding version (456.06) or the last version (456.55), the two resolve the problem.

see this post

Have a good flight, pilot !
« Il suivait son idée. C'était une idée fixe et il était surpris de ne pas avancer. » :)
Jacques Prévert

RAZUMNO

Post by RAZUMNO » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 18:01

Emerson d'Anite wrote:
Tue, 6. Oct 20, 17:39
Hello,
This problem occurs with Drivers v456.38.
You can use the preceding version (456.06) or the last version (456.55), the two resolve the problem.

see this post

Have a good flight, pilot !
Actually, i'm already using 456.55. But i'll try 456.06. Maybe it help me.

RAZUMNO

Post by RAZUMNO » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 01:01

Tried 456.62 beta vulkan driver. Same problem. Just loaded into the game and already my weapons hud just blinks twice and gone. Sometimes shield/hull hud blinks, when he already disappear.
Aaaaaand... Yes! 452.06 really helps. So, problem resolved.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 10:35

Maybe newer ones might work better if you uninstall using DDU tool instead im presuming ur using nvidia uninstaller or overwriting them. DDU, presuming u havent used it before, gives the drivers a better clean than what nvidia or windows does usually.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [3.30] Hud disappeared - Resolved by rolling back Nvidia driver.

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 11:48

I just reinstalled the. 38 version so far all is ok
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 16:51

Hi,
Trying to figure this issue out and it's quite finicky.

So I need someone to test something for me if possible.
1. update driver (I guess to current newest version)
2. check if this issue is happening
3. if yes, then go to Documents\Egosoft\X4\<userid>\ and delete the file pipelinecache.bin
4. check if the issue is still happening or not (please try at least for 5min preferably just play the game as normal and see if you get it)
5. report outcome here

Sorry for the request but windows driver issues are the worst.

Tanvaras
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Tue, 13. Oct 20, 01:40

timon37 wrote:
Mon, 12. Oct 20, 16:51
Hi,
Trying to figure this issue out and it's quite finicky.

So I need someone to test something for me if possible.
1. update driver (I guess to current newest version)
2. check if this issue is happening
3. if yes, then go to Documents\Egosoft\X4\<userid>\ and delete the file pipelinecache.bin
4. check if the issue is still happening or not (please try at least for 5min preferably just play the game as normal and see if you get it)
5. report outcome here

Sorry for the request but windows driver issues are the worst.
Been having the same issue as of using latest Nvidia Drivers (Due to my work (work from home) I can not roll back my drivers as I require the latest Nvidia Drivers for the project our team is working on). But will try the above you mentioned and reply after a X4 session later today, as its quite annoying losing Hull/Shield/Speed UI elements in my ships when piloting.

EDIT; Just got some time to check out using above... within a few minutes of a new game, and immediately in my current save it happens. See screenshot link below. Nvidia Drivers 456.71 running on Ryzen 2700X // RTX 2060 6gb ram // MSI B450M Gaming Plus // 32Gig DDR4 // Game installed on M2A Drive. Also happens on my other machine with above drivers, which is a Ryzen 2600 // 1060GTX 6gb ram // 16 Gig DDR4 // MSI B450M Gaming Plus // Samsung 256G SSD.

Picture @ Steam link - Can see where the Speed/Hull/Shield is just a blue/grey smear. UI element shows for a few seconds and then disappears. Game is Vanilla (No mods - though happens in modded games as well).
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2256249413
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

ardias
x4

Re: [3.30] Hud disappeared - Resolved by rolling back Nvidia driver. - Further test requested.

Post by ardias » Tue, 13. Oct 20, 17:05

For me 452.06 worked but then I've had crashes all the time.

So I changed back to newest (456.71) and got the HUD flickering again.
In that state I played around with different graphics settings and found one that fixed the issue for me:

Try setting Anti-Aliasing to MSAA x2. It worked for me, maybe it can help others too.

kobayashimaru
x4

Re: [3.30] Hud disappeared - Resolved by rolling back Nvidia driver. - Further test requested.

Post by kobayashimaru » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 18:33

I'm also having this issue. RTX 2060 SUPER, latest nvidia drivers (456.71).
It happens mostly to the shield and hull bar, sometimes to the selected weapon and missile symbols, sometimes target info window. They disappear randomly that reappear randomly, sometime flicker for a second or two.
I haven't noticed any other graphical problems.
Will try this antialiasing trick.
EDIT: Nope, it still happens. I noticed it happend after docking and undocking. Maybe it's coincidence.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 19:09

You're unlikely to find any correlation between what you do in-game and the flickering or disappearance of the HUD elements. If you can't roll back to the earlier driver version then please bear with us while we try to get Nvidia to sort this out, as our investigations strongly point to it being a driver issue.

Mr.Killer
x4

Certain items disappear from hud

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 21:40

Since 5 days or so I thought, well, lets go fly a bit around and do the other thing in X4.... Needles to say that there was a weird thing in my HUD, the two indicators, shield and hull status were gone, actually flying blind I might say, when I examined the thing, I noticed that on my behemoth also the weapon indicators were missing....

Is this a new update thing?
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avwp7mxyyIGgpHF1gro ... 1?e=2ULOt3
Savegame, so pick a ship, go fly into battle, say in Matrix #9, there are enough of them....
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 21:56

Threads merged, also reported here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Fri, 16. Oct 20, 11:45

Ok, so rolling back a videocard driver should fix this? I find that weird, better said, a graphics-card displays the whole screen, right? then why would only a certain part of that same screen not function, it is not that it happens to my graphics-card, but to a lot more people, so my assumption would be to search in the direction of the software that controls that part of the screen, and not the whole screen.
Maybe you are right about the graphics driver, but maybe the code from that uniform element in so many pc's is not really syncing with the software that X4 is sending out...
I have seen in my life many weird things, sometimes hardware and sometimes software, or in combination with hardware that was all checked and tested, and noone could explain the thing that happened.

I hope this issue is also investigated by EGOSOFT, one might never know when such things do reappear in the future....
Good luck all!

ps @Alan, sorry for not looking in the forum before posting, I actually thought that I was the only one, since I found this sometimes appear and sometimes it works perfect....
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 16. Oct 20, 12:45

Yes, the rolling back the driver should fix it. Different parts of the display are handled differently by the driver because they have different properties, such as different blending techniques. In this case the issue is with the way the driver interprets the settings for that particular part of the UI; with previous version of the driver it did it correctly, with the current version it does not. We have already investigated and confirmed this.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sat, 17. Oct 20, 02:04

Same issue with my game. I will try the rolling back driver to earlier version. Thanks for getting ahead of the problem. I knew I'd find an answer somewhere on here.
[edit] Using a Geforce GTX 1080 Driver vers 456.71
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 17. Oct 20, 21:41

Is this information passed to Nvidia? so that those who are unable or unwilling to rollback drivers, wait for the next update that can fix this problem...
I guess you guys at EGOSOFT have a shorter line to NVIDIA than we do?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”