[3.30]Incompatibility or bug in game stability - Resolved.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LiChar
x4

[3.30]Incompatibility or bug in game stability - Resolved.

Post by LiChar » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 20:57

Maybe someone can help me and explain why my new computer problems only with your game.
X4 and Split Vendetta.

Tested many times, I leave the game every time due to unplayability.

The problem occurs after about 12+ hours of pure game time (any game scenario).
After a longer game time, the game starts to twitch and lags, twiching.(About one twitch in 3 seconds.)

I play this game set to maximum visual detail and during the game I do not notice any problem, even in the great battles and invasion.

Neither the processor nor the graphics card reaches full load.???

With twitches - lags of the game, there is no change in fps, and that's weird.
The display quality setting has no visible positive or negative effect on the frequency and length of lags.

These lags are everywhere in the game, regardless of the amount of object in the sectors or the number of my vessels and stations.
When the game twitches too much, it is not possible to move around the stations. Every third to fourth twitch immediately teleports me back to me ship.

If I do not build any station, the problem occurs a little later. (Tested only twice, it happened in about 18 and 21 hours of pure time. Only HQ station and a lot of ships)
Ok, what a lot of ships mean to me, about 50+.

configuration:
motherboard: MB GYGABYTE Z390 GAMING SLI (rev.1) s. 1151, DDR4
processor: CPU Intel Core i5-9400 (2,9)
grafic card: MSi GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
operation memory: RAM Kingston 2x16GB DDR4 2666MHz CL 16 (32GB RAM)
storage: NVMe M.2 2280 - 240GB HDD SSD Corsair Force MP510 (system installed)
HDD SSD Crucial MX500, 500GB (installed Steam and X4 game)
and other SSD

operating system: Windows 10 home 64bit
game purchased and played through the Steam service
current graphics drivers GeForce Game 457.09

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [3.30]Incompatibility or bug in game stability.

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 21:08

When you say 12+ hours pure time, is that continuous active play with no game exits and restarts but perhaps with some save reloads, or a total playing time from a fresh gamestart with any number of exit/restart/reload cycles?

Is your game modded at all?

Please provide links to your recent DxDiag and Vulkaninfo as requested here.

Hopefully then we can help you to find out what is happening.

Just as an elimination, please confirm that you do not have the 'no cargodrones' issues reported in this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LiChar
x4

Post by LiChar » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 10:39

Thank you for answer.

12 hours at a time? No, of course not. Maximum 2 hours in one piece (and that's extreme)

12 hours of pure game time, the total time that I played the game intermittently, usually works perfect. After this time, the problems described begin to manifest.
This time is approximate.
During this time, I will usually find most of the sectors, build more than one station, and the Xenons will destroy several sectors.
I use SETA very often if I can get it soon. (acceleration of automatic mining and trade)

Problems with lags - twitches, paradoxically arise earlier in the unmodified pure game played from the beginning.

Thanks for the links, strikingly similar to the problem.

ops
DxDiag ? much sorry what is it?

I'm sorry for my bad English

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 10:54

LiChar wrote:
Thu, 19. Nov 20, 10:39
DxDiag ? much sorry what is it?
Alan provided you with a link. The page it links to explains what we need and includes a further link to a page explaining exactly what it is, how to obtain it, and how to make it available here.

We are also going to need a savegame. If we can reproduce the problem with your savegame then we might have some chance of being able to solve it; if we can't then it's most likely a problem with your system setup, which we might or might not be able to help with, depending on what it is.

LiChar
x4

Post by LiChar » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 11:25

I understand and I will do it.
OK I'll start a new game, a clean game, and as soon as it starts to stall again, I'll give you a saved game.

Thank you for now

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 11:47

Might be worth testing some of your symptomatic saves with the 4.00 beta in case whatever is causing the stutter has already been fixed.

LiChar
x4

Post by LiChar » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 11:21

I could try that, unfortunately, I don't have a clean save at the moment, with the problem described.
The ones I have are polluted by game modifications.
Such modified save has zero value to solve this problem.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 11:34

Thanks for the information but you should have mentioned the modifications in your first post and saved devs' potentially wasting time on an issue not from their game.

If you can replicate the issue from an unmodded game start then a further post with a link to a save, as you mentioned doing above, would be much appreciated by the devs. Thanks.

Even better, the problem might not come back unmodded. :)

LiChar
x4

Re: [3.30]Incompatibility or bug in game stability - Modded game for now.

Post by LiChar » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 18:50

Ok

The original problem did not occur in the meantime, this is relatively good news.

Okay boys and girls.

That 4.00Beta is broken.
Craft benches do not display recipes.

Defensive drones do not defend their mother station, they do not react to attacking enemies. (drone, station settings - hmm confusing).

Pilots still cannot fly through the accelerator if the player is standing in the cockpit next to the pilot or is somewhere in sight.

When trying to fly through the accelerator, it crashes many times.
+ If the target of the flight is at a negative angle from the gate - the accelerator from which they flew, they are not able to fly hastily to the target and constantly fly through the gate back and forth.

After the game settles and tries to quit the game - return to windows - the game closes incorrectly - error and data collection. ??

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [3.30]Incompatibility or bug in game stability - Resolved after clean restart.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 19:26

Please don't add new topics to a technical support thread that has been addressed and resolved; they will not be seen by the devs.

Problems with 4.00 beta should be reported in the public beta forum if the game is unmodded. Just one issue per thread please and each supported by evidence and steps to replicate such as a link to a vanilla save showing the issue. Thanks.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”