3.30 BUG Venture Console Partially Invisible

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

avilonrayne
x4

3.30 BUG Venture Console Partially Invisible

Post by avilonrayne » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 06:18

Version and language: 3.30 (416228), English
Mods: None
Game start: The Young Gun

Description: The graphic of the venture console has a transparent display. When a ship is on a venture, and when looking at the venture console while the ship is directly behind it, the "text" on the display becomes partially invisible. It changes as the venture platform rings move around.
No recent hardware or software changes. This is just the first time I've noticed it. It's possible that it's just a quirk of my graphics settings, so I've included a screenshot of those along with the screenshots of the bug happening and my dxdiag.

Associated images and DxDiag: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I couldn't get the vulkaninfo command to work, and I don't know how to tell if I'm even using vulkan rendering or not.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 3.30 BUG Venture Console Partially Invisible

Post by CBJ » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 09:10

avilonrayne wrote:
Mon, 23. Nov 20, 06:18
Description: The graphic of the venture console has a transparent display. When a ship is on a venture, and when looking at the venture console while the ship is directly behind it, the "text" on the display becomes partially invisible. It changes as the venture platform rings move around.
I'm fairly sure that's one of the things fixed in 4.00.
avilonrayne wrote:
Mon, 23. Nov 20, 06:18
I couldn't get the vulkaninfo command to work, and I don't know how to tell if I'm even using vulkan rendering or not.
Well, you definitely are, because that's what the game uses. :) Not that you need to provide it right now, but for future reference, it would help if you said what you'd tried and what didn't work.

avilonrayne
x4

Post by avilonrayne » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 10:07

That's good. I'm glad it's already taken care of, but now I'm wondering what's wrong with my vulkaninfo. I added some screenshots of what I tried in the command prompt to get the text file, and the result, following the instructions here https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... VulkanInfo. If I put in

Code: Select all

vulkaninfo > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\vulkaninfo.txt"
as shown in the instructions, I get

WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : ReadDataFilesInRegistry: Registry lookup failed to get layer manifest files.
If I just put in

vulkaninfo
all by itself, I get a very large wall of text, so large that it doesn't even fit in the command prompt window. It goes right off the top. That's not the short thing shown in the instructions, so does that mean it's working normally besides generating the text file? Any idea what else I can try to make it work? I'd like to be able to get the file if I encounter any bugs after 4.0 comes out.

In terms of trying different things in the game, though, I did not adjust anything. It's pretty minor, and my settings are already chosen to make the rest of the game look how I want it to. Special thanks to my fiancé for noticing it first and pointing it out to me. I took a couple screenshots and searched the forum. That didn't turn up anything similar, so I wanted to share it. I'm very glad it's already fixed :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 10:30

The vulkaninfo issue looks like it might be a registry problem. Reinstalling your graphics drivers might solve it, or it might require you to delete a registry entry first. Run a quick Google search of the "Registry lookup failed to get layer manifest files" errors and you'll see what I mean. :)

avilonrayne
x4

Post by avilonrayne » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 17:44

I will do so, thank you!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”