some ships do not work, Save-game broken?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SLAC
x4

some ships do not work, Save-game broken?

Post by SLAC » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 21:14

Hey

Game and System:
X4 3.30, German, Linux Mint 20

Installed Modifications:
Paintjobs Galore; Mules, Supply and Warehouse Extended

Problem:
Some cargo ships and other types of ships have stopped working. I estimate that about half of the ships are affected by the problem. On some of my cargo ships, I noticed that "Docking Critical" and the next step was active. By deleting "Docking critical" I was able to reactivate a lot of them. However, this did not work for all of them. Player and NPC ships are affected equally. One of the ships which is blocked is: GQG-790. Since the bug, the ships do not dock correctly anymore (if the station has a blocked ship). Since I was engaged in a fierce defensive battle against the Xenon, the exact time of failure is not clear to me.
The problem is also present with removed modifications. The rest of the game works.

Under the following link you will find the save-game:
https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/9b14b7f ... fc44c60494

I am very grateful if you can help me to fix the game
SLAC

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: some ships do not work, Save-game broken?

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 22:16

Unfortunately disabling mods doesn't make the game vanilla as the mod changes and running scripts are already embedded in the saves. You would have to see if the issue is present in a fresh vanilla restart.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SLAC
x4

Post by SLAC » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 22:14

Hey

I have tested with uninstalled extensions. The result is the same. There are still some ships blocked in the status "docking". If I destroy the ships, the station will work as usual again. When the game is restarted, the error does not appear. So I think, for whatever reason, there has been an error in saving. The question is, if the blocked ships in the savegame can be detected and corrected or if they can somehow be removed.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 12:00

The devs would need a further link to an unmodified fresh start save that shows the issue if you want both the cause of the issue and save recovery to be properly investigated. If you do provide such a save link, please make sure that the affected ships are clearly identified in your post.

SLAC
x4

Post by SLAC » Mon, 7. Dec 20, 21:07

The save game without extensions can be downloaded under the following link:
https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/b5c141a ... 86ba7c3d8b

Below is a selection of ships that no longer work. Maybe you can find a systematic to repair or delete the remaining ships:
Broken player Ships: XRD-257, QLA-819
Broken NPC Ships: XTC-581, GQG-790, EWK-188, HMV-520, TYD-274, OYQ-418, YSR-636, ULV-366, LUL-992, VMZ-393, KMJ-916

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 7. Dec 20, 21:41

Hmm, that download site modifies and even renames the files to be downloaded and so is labelled as a suspect site and blocked by AVs and browsers. Sorry.

For example: The file downloads as : 'SwissTransfer.com - Send large files securely and free of charge.html' or 'Unconfirmed 864579.crdownload'. It may depend on security settings though.

SLAC
x4

Post by SLAC » Tue, 8. Dec 20, 20:55

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Dec 20, 21:03

Thanks, that worked.

I tried the save and those named ships are definitely unresponsive. However, that save is obviously not from a fresh and recent gamestart and so cannot be a pure vanilla save due to its previously modded history. I don't know whether the devs will be interested but I will notify them of the issue.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 9. Dec 20, 18:57

Addition: The devs had a look at the save and inspected the ships you mentioned. They are in a critical dock order state whilst the pilots (or player) are trying to issue different order scripts from a stock library list but that just fails.

Their conclusion was that this was a conflict that would not normally happen in a pure vanilla game (indeed there are no vanilla issue reports of this specifically happening) and that the save *may* have become effectively bugged on loading and resaving by either the interaction of, or indeed even the removal of, 3rd party mods.

Unfortunately they cannot spend any more time on it now. Sorry.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”