Military license bug? - Explained.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fartus
x4

Military license bug? - Explained.

Post by Fartus » Thu, 18. Feb 21, 05:53

Running version 3.30, no mods, young gun start, have made no changes to any files.

My reputation w/ Agron is level 20, and I don't have/can't get the military license. At both levels 10 and 20 I did the rank up mission with the Argon rep at the shipyard in Argon Prime. No military license to be found, still can't buy military ships at the Wharf or Shipyard, or military grade equipment at either. What am I missing? Thanks!

Here is a link to a savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rkECxk ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Fartus on Thu, 18. Feb 21, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Military license bug?

Post by CBJ » Thu, 18. Feb 21, 09:32

There's nothing immediately obvious that you're missing. Can you upload a savegame somewhere and provide a link, please, so that we can take a look? Some suggested locations for upload are in the sticky thread at the top of the forum. :)

Fartus
x4

Post by Fartus » Thu, 18. Feb 21, 11:32

Thank you! I added the link to the very first post (missed that earlier, sorry), and I'm placing it here, too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rkECxk ... sp=sharing

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 18. Feb 21, 11:51

Can you make the file public, please?

Fartus
x4

Post by Fartus » Thu, 18. Feb 21, 12:06

Done - sorry about that!

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Thu, 18. Feb 21, 13:34

I don't see a bug here.
Loading your save I see that you do already have the Military Ship/Equipment licences and I'm able to buy/build the appropriate ships (e.g. an Argon Cerberus at the Wharf)

What you do not have yet is the capital ship licence, currently preventing you from buying a Colossus. However since you have reached rank 20 already all you need to do is visit the Argon Faction Representative and select "Receive Rank" to be granted the licence to buy military capital ships.

Edit: it is possible that you've gone through the ceremony before and have subsequently lost the rank which stripped you of the licences as well. Reaching 20+ again will require a repeat of the ceremony then.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Cpt.Com80

Re: Military license bug? - Explained.

Post by Cpt.Com80 » Wed, 21. Dec 22, 22:12

I know this is an old question by now but for the sake of somebody else who is new like me and in the same position. I thought I also had this problem, I had reached rank 12 with Teladi and been promoted and was trying to buy military equipment from a Teladi wharf but they were all still in red and unavailable and after about thirty frustrated minutes of searching the internet and finding nothing helpful, I was still looking at the weapons I was unable to buy at the Teladi wharf and saw they said "Must have MINISTRY Military licence" BOOM FACEPALM. I had assumed all the ships and equipment were Teladi.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”