3.30 LAG Game tanks to sub-30 FPS in certain areas

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Eibhleann
x3ap

3.30 LAG Game tanks to sub-30 FPS in certain areas

Post by Eibhleann » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 19:35

Information requested in the Technical Support FAQ:
  • Game Version 3.30 (416228)
  • Language: English
  • Gamestart: Young Gun
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • RAM: 16GB Dual-Channel @ 3000MHz (15-15-15-36)
  • Mainboard: Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K5-C5
  • GPU: 8GB VRAM nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
  • GPU Driver Version: 461.40 (Latest at time of post)
  • DxDiag Output
  • VulkanInfo Output
So pretty much like the title says, I get a pretty solid 60fps or above in Jace's room (flight tutorial) and hit 200+ fps in the open space portion. Once I load into the Young Gun start, I get maybe 50~70 FPS in the starting station and surrounding sector, but once I start heading for the highway in Second Contact II Flashpoint, my FPS drops more and more until I finally hit the end (still in the same sector) where my fps absolutely dies and I cannot maintain above 27FPS. I've tried setting all my graphics to absolute lowest, I tried turning off all the filters in the map section, nothing helps. My FPS remains at 27 or below. What can I do?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 3.30 LAG Game tanks to sub-30 FPS in certain areas

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 19:39

I would suggest working through this advice thread for ideas.

Your VB Audio virtual cable sound device driver is a bit ancient and you may be able to update your Realtek onboard sound driver from the Realtek driver update site. I would disable any sound devices and drivers that you do not use in Control Panel, Device Manager, Sound/Audio Devices (right-click a device in the list for a disable/enable pop-up).

You are having a few BorderlessGaming.exe kernel issues that might be worth checking into if you use that app with X4 for any reason.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”