Graphical Glitches and Access to physical device lost

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Graphical Glitches and Access to physical device lost

Post by CBJ » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 18:07

The minimum requirements only mention dedicated GPUs with dedicated memory for good reason. While it might run on on-board graphics or using shared memory, we do not recommend or support either.

GabesDark
x4

Post by GabesDark » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 18:14

Sledo wrote:
Sun, 21. Feb 21, 11:38
Incredible. How could a person solve the problem if he did not have enough video memory?
I just saw your post, Actually as mentioned before somehow it fixes itself after a certain time, and vice-versa.
I don't expect driver problems since i was being able to play 3.30 without any issues after all.

GabesDark
x4

Post by GabesDark » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 18:23

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 21. Feb 21, 12:37
Sledo wrote:
Sun, 21. Feb 21, 11:38
How could a person solve the problem if he did not have enough video memory?
The only options are to buy more video memory or to not play the game.

The real question is whether the hard minimum requirements of the game have been stated so clearly that potential customers are sufficiently informed.
As i stated above Memory Quantity isn't the issue, actually the transfer between GPU To the "VRAM" is much slower than a dedicated GPU, and i expect it to be painful to run anything, since "steals" some bandwith of the processor, that makes it even worse, When i was playing on 3.30, The main issue was textures not loading in time, sometimes they would load on the same second, others that didn't even let me see the map, but sinces its a issue due to the performance of my iGPU, i wouldn't even bother it, but on this beta(Beta 8 when these issues was happening), it was crashing after a few time into the game and the textures loading "wrong", and those reports of people having issues with 30-series from nvidia would help the devs figure it out, even if they wasn't able to help me.
Last edited by GabesDark on Thu, 25. Feb 21, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

GabesDark
x4

Post by GabesDark » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 18:29

After messing with my stations out, i found this which looks interesting.
https://prnt.sc/106u2x6

GabesDark
x4

Post by GabesDark » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 18:30

But anyways, if needed moderators can close this topic.
Anything else feel free to PM me.
(Also thanks everyone helping me on this post, even if you didn't help)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 8. Mar 21, 08:11

Im not sure it would work but you can try alt and tab out of the game if using borderless fullscreen, them open task manager, go to details tab, find x4 exe and right click it then set priority to above normal or the next one up then alt tab back. Im thinking it might dedicate more cpu and maybeeeeeeeeee ram time to the game and maybe speed up the game with more resources and help with the texture loading lag. Long shot i know.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

GabesDark
x4

Post by GabesDark » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 00:08

Skeeter wrote:
Mon, 8. Mar 21, 08:11
Im not sure it would work but you can try alt and tab out of the game if using borderless fullscreen, them open task manager, go to details tab, find x4 exe and right click it then set priority to above normal or the next one up then alt tab back. Im thinking it might dedicate more cpu and maybeeeeeeeeee ram time to the game and maybe speed up the game with more resources and help with the texture loading lag. Long shot i know.
As a iGPU player, i know alot of DIY fixes on drivers,etc i have been trying everything else, like trying ultra old drivers, beta drivers, deactiving some windows features(Perfomance mode), and so many things that would become a book if i mention them here, There is no way to play on UHD 630 except from upgrading into a Real Dedicated GPU.
This is a issue mostly caused by the new graphical stuff added into the engine that leads to the intel UHD get artifacts on them, with NVIDIA and AMD, you can't see them.

This is a actual run with x4 foundations at 3.30 Default.
No issues while running them for 4.1k minutes, WITHOUT Any issues like crashing or freezing running for almost 4 days non-stop.(expect from texture loading and bugs, some of which i will be reporting all soon, when i figure all issues that people mostly, can't see on a low-end machine, like mission glitches and HP related)
Photo: Image

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”