Ships getting stuck docking/undocking

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thebovin

Ships getting stuck docking/undocking

Post by thebovin » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 19:07

SO i have recently bought this game and have put almost 100+ hours into it so far. There are quite a few bugs i have noticed and some of them are pretty significant.

The most annoying and often game-breaking bug i have come across A LOT is when you order a wing to DOCK or UNDOCK from a ship such as the Behemoth or Any other L/XL class ship. The Carrier is the WORST. This kinda negates the reason for the Carrier in full.....

This is a pretty big bug that NEEDS to be fixed. It leads to having entire WINGS perpetually stuck and with no way to order them to STOP trying to dock/undock.

Worst of all, this bug has been reported MANY times over the last several years and yet there is NO fix for it. Does Egosoft even fix bugs or what? Seems such a simple bug to fix to be honest.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Ships getting stuck docking/undocking

Post by CBJ » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 19:19

There are several fixes to docking-related issues in the 4.00 Beta changelog. Whether your specific case is among them is impossible to tell without more information. A savegame would be ideal for this.

With regard to bugs that have already been fixed, you'll find a short list in this sticky thread at the top of this forum.

thebovin

Post by thebovin » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 03:20

The bug actually happens a couple of different ways that i have noticed.

The first way is that the ship that is docking will get stuck inside of the mesh of the ship it is docking at.

The second way is that the ship will start to dock, then just hover there around 10m above the dock.

I will have to play the beta a bit and see how things are in it. Is there a way to keep the beta files separate from the current ones on steam?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 11:51

Backup your 3.30 saves as strongly advised in the Public Beta Rules Sticky. If you decide to discontinue playing the 4.00 beta (such as if you want to use online Ventures) then you go back to playing the 3.30 saves after you have put them back in the save folder where they started from.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”