[Bug][3.30] Add To Shopping List is empty - Explained

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

[Bug][3.30] Add To Shopping List is empty - Explained

Post by user1679 » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 08:49

X4: Split Vendetta 3.30 hotfix 2 GOG

Bug: When clicking "add to shopping list" the next screen shows an empty shopping list, a total credits and a "no selected ship" message.

I had an issue where clicking "confirm order" didn't actually submit my ship for construction. It took my money but nothing else happened. In fact, I could repeatedly click the button until my credits were 0. I noticed that the shopping list was empty and the selected ship was just "------" so I thought a mod might be the problem. It turns out a mod was the problem with "confirm order" (not sure which one) but not the empty shopping list.

I removed all extensions except "ego_dlc_split" and started a new game. The "confirm order" now properly works but the "shopping list" is still empty:

1. Start new game
2. Board ship
3. Click "upgrade/repair docked ships"
4. Remove the shield module
5. Click "add to shopping list"

** It is here that we are switched to a new screen. In my case it shows the total amount of credits I will earn but the shopping list is empty. The selected ship at the top says "----" and the "currently editing" box says nothing.
** It also does this if you buy a module, not just remove one

6. Click "confirm order"
7. Return to cockpit and wait for the timer to complete

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Bug][3.30] Add To Shopping List is empty

Post by CBJ » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 08:58

Removing a mod doesn't necessarily remove all of its effects from a saved game. Unless you can confirm that the same thing happens if you remove the mods AND start a new game, we will have to assume that one of the mods you were using is still responsible.

user1679

Re: [Bug][3.30] Add To Shopping List is empty

Post by user1679 » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 05:15

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 25. Feb 21, 08:58
Removing a mod doesn't necessarily remove all of its effects from a saved game. Unless you can confirm that the same thing happens if you remove the mods AND start a new game, we will have to assume that one of the mods you were using is still responsible.
From OP:
I removed all extensions except "ego_dlc_split" and started a new game
Here's what I'm talking about:

Shopping list - removing two modules and adding a crew member

https://i.imgur.com/vU5PIDh.jpeg

After clicking "add to shopping list". Notice the "currently editing" says "no current selection" and the lack of shopping list info except the total price.

https://i.imgur.com/eQpasiV.jpg

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Bug][3.30] Add To Shopping List is empty - Modded game.

Post by florianlt » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 09:12

I do not see any bug here. When you press "Add to shopping list" the currently edited ship is moved to the the shopping list. In your last screenshot you can see 1 entry in the shopping list and there is nothing currently edited anymore.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 09:41

florianlt wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 09:12
I do not see any bug here. When you press "Add to shopping list" the currently edited ship is moved to the the shopping list. In your last screenshot you can see 1 entry in the shopping list and there is nothing currently edited anymore.
Hmm, I though I remembered the shopping list would show you a copy of your changes to give you one last chance to change your mind. It's been a while since I've actually upgraded a ship :)

Thanks for explaining.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 09:43

You can see the ship's selected loadout when hovering over the name.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”