[4.0 SV CoH BUG] Stuck outside Torus Ring - Workaround now and fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordfez

[4.0 SV CoH BUG] Stuck outside Torus Ring - Workaround now and fix in a future build.

Post by lordfez » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 15:01

Untested Explorer game start carried over from version 3.30.

I was doing the Torus Aeternal quest and had got through the first couple of airlocks. I decided to teleport out to deal with a Xenon incursion and when I teleported back my ship had glitched into a random void in the Torus. I managed to fly my way out by bashing into walls until I escaped but I am now unable to re-enter the Torus through the initial airlock. I have tried teleporting away to reset the airlocks as mentioned in other posts but this doesn't seem to work for the first airlock.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.0 SV CoH BUG] Stuck outside Torus Ring

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 15:09

Teleporting your suit directly out to your main ship IS indeed doesn't work, but teleporting to a different ship OOS and only then back to your main ship should reset all the hatches to start state as a workaround. You appear to have done this already, but not perhaps in the right situation of being stuck outside the Torus.

If that doesn't work for you, could you please link a vanilla save showing the issue for the devs to investigate and fix this additional issue?

@ devs: This is the original thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 15:30

Teleporting away in hf2 and before will only work if you do that to anothership then the Moreya/Geometric Owl.

Either way, the next build will contain a fix (so it should also work for the Moreya).
If you can give it that try (once we release the next build) - if you then still run into it, let us know + add a savegame!

lordfez

Post by lordfez » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 16:26

Thanks for the replies. I will wait for the next build and hopefully it will fix the issue. I am working on getting to the same point in an unmodified save so will have it ready if the issue persists.

lordfez

Re: [4.0 SV CoH BUG] Stuck outside Torus Ring - Workaround now and fix in a future build.

Post by lordfez » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 01:43

I have updated to HF3 and am still experiencing this issue. It happened when I had saved my game with the Geometric Owl holding position in the airlock and then restarted my game client. I have uploaded two unmodified save files. Save 9 has the ship stuck in the Torus void. Save 8 is after I have escaped the void and can longer proceed through the airlock.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Distress
x4

Re: [4.0 SV CoH BUG] Stuck outside Torus Ring - Workaround now and fix in a future build.

Post by Distress » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 05:39

Running HF3 here, same issue as above post. Was doing mission and teleported out (OOS) with Geometric owl already inside the Torus (outer door shut). Teleporting back, Geometric Owl is stuck in Torus geometry. I can fly out of geometry of the Torus using travel mode which activates partially but outer airlock doors are shut and cannot be opened.
Another buggy thing is if I leave Geometric Owl outside Torus and teleport OOS again, then back Geometric Owl, it once again moves/get stuck inside Torus geometry.

There needs to be a way to reset whole mission to a safe point of some sort. Eg, if airlock sequence is in progress and Geometric Owl is found to be OUTSIDE station which is not possible, whole bit resets and you can retry.

mrg81

Post by mrg81 » Fri, 23. Dec 22, 03:02

has this ever been addressed? I have the same issue. I left the Owl inside of the Torus and teleported out to work on other things. Few hundreds millions of credits later I came back only to find Owl stuck inside glitching Torus (kind of like clipping inside of any other random station or asteroid) .I was able to make it out but mission is still stuck on the "traverse the airlock" without any way to get back in :/
Please provide a workaround. Teleporting in and out doesn't reset anything :(

Edit: Never mind, seems like there is a fix in place or I just got lucky? I started flying away from torus (boost and travel mode didn't work so it was slow) but after a minute or so it teleported me and owl back into the torus to the beginning of the maze! Though I should share if anyone else gets that issue.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”